I know we don't do Vader but I had to share......

DarthBrute

LOL I have had the misfortune of coming across this very same Vader helmet some time back. I'm guessing the seller is giving it another shot, though why I'll never know. One would have to be quite the Vader collector to want that. There is a market for darn near anything. It looks like it's made of hot tar.

Well, sorry but I don't see what's wrong with this helmet ^^"

Yep, I agree, the guy shouldn't sell it, but... He made it in 1977 with no skills nore materials like we do now and without any good ref. So, I think it's a really good piece. But not at $500, at $5 may be :P

And he used it at a college party if I read well in 1977. So, yes, I understand the guys who told "Look theres Darth Vader!". In this year, with no real TK or SL like in the 501st, he WAS Darth Vader, and probably the only one of its college :P

Well... Just to ask you to don't be too rude with this guy ;)

Well, sorry but I don't see what's wrong with this helmet ^^"

Yep, I agree, the guy shouldn't sell it, but... He made it in 1977 with no skills nore materials like we do now and without any good ref. So, I think it's a really good piece. But not at $500, at $5 may be :P

And he used it at a college party if I read well in 1977. So, yes, I understand the guys who told "Look theres Darth Vader!". In this year, with no real TK or SL like in the 501st, he WAS Darth Vader, and probably the only one of its college :P

Well... Just to ask you to don't be too rude with this guy ;)

This is true, just like one of our first TK helmets shown here http://www.starwarsh...ialfanMarco.htm but to think of it alot of guys still sport the FX which is not to off from it. I believe it said this helmet was introduced in the early 90's which is well over ten years of technology of what this vader helmet was produced with lol. I think with as long as this person had it and how they made it it should be on SThelmets :P at least in the "Doom" section. There is another helmet on there that is very similar lol.

PS: you know it belongs to you Steve :). I bet it is in you submission pictures on the mantle above the fireplace in the background :P

Edited by Striker

If this was proven to be the very first fan made full Vader helmet, it would be worth a lot more. But, how can anyone prove that.

Anyway, for a fair price, I am sure that someone like Steve Sansweet would actually go for it.

Reminds me of my own 4th bday party Vader costume...

653_62611803419_621638419_2128234_5522_n.jpg

Saludos

• 2 weeks later...