EIB Requirements

to avoid confusion all old (outdated) EIB requirements have been archived. the current requirements can be found HERE

NOTE: you must comply with all the base standards (in black text) and also EIB requirements (in blue text)

• Like 1

I have one question:

In reading the new requirements it states no strap on shoulder bell and if present not going over the bicep. In the pic above the requirements, which I thought was an accurate pic, it clearly shows the straps over the bicep. Is the wording correct or the pic?

thanks

I have one question:

In reading the new requirements it states no strap on shoulder bell and if present not going over the bicep. In the pic above the requirements, which I thought was an accurate pic, it clearly shows the straps over the bicep. Is the wording correct or the pic?

thanks

that is because that refrence photo is quite old and was made before that was a requirement,, updating some aspects of the CRL's and visual references is going to be a top priority in the coming months

Omg my tk only needs 2 things changed by my reading hmmmm

EIB here i come !

great! :salute:

Yeah if you look at the ESB TK , they are not sporting the black strap around the biceps like in ANH . Even though the armor/lids were reused from ANH, there were a few small details different about the ESB TKs other than the detail to the Lids , handplates, holster, and not have some of the grebbles on the E11 like they did on some of the variants in ANH.

ESBtroops%20and%20lobot.jpg

• 1 month later...

That seems like an odd statement considering the shoulder bells in that particular photo clearly do not overlap like they did in ANH. The way my armor is I would say if my biceps hung as low as they do here you wouldn't notice the black strap that went round it anyway. Is this just for ESB or is this something that is for all variants of TK's? I didn't see a post that Travis stated he was reading the ESB CRL. I just want to be sure I understand what is being said and for what it is being said about. There are so many variants of TK's I just want to be sure I am on the same page.

Yeah if you look at the ESB TK , they are not sporting the black strap around the biceps like in ANH . Even though the armor/lids were reused from ANH, there were a few small details different about the ESB TKs other than the detail to the Lids , handplates, holster, and not have some of the grebbles on the E11 like they did on some of the variants in ANH.

ESBtroops%20and%20lobot.jpg

Yes the ESB Lids and basic armor was a hand me down form ANH. ( not counting the Mark 2s) The lids were redone with decals, and afew add on's, (Handplates, Hosters, weapons etc...)

From every screen grab the black elastic that went across the biceps in ANH is not visible in ESB. In fact I believe they were removed. and a new strapping was used to connect the shoulder bell and bicep, like a bungee strap almost like in in this pic:

Molo%20notesJune79_sept09_02.jpg

Also, the ESB TK on the steps in the pic. If you look at thier biceps, they look like they are just hanging.

esb.jpg

Now for the EI requirements, I knew a lot on members would re-use their basic ANH armor and just change out what was different from ANH and ESB (Lid, handplates, holster, blaster etc). That is why the EI states:

Ideally no shoulder bell straps across the biceps.If there is a shoulder bell strap, it shall not be visible across the biceps.

This is so, no one that is using their ANH armor would have to remove the black elastic strap that normally goes around the bicpes like in ANH. Just hide it.

Now, it would be very hard to make the requirements for ESB that says:

"biceps armor shall be worn low and not under the shoulder bells."

Because of different body types (length of arms ). If you can do this, than you are one step closer to be able to looking like the TKs did in Episode V...

:duim:

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to sound like a picky douche but in the thread title it should be 'requirements' not 'requierments'. Sorry but I can't help picking these things up. :P I know it was most likely a typo or something.

Edited by Spectre

Can I get a quick clarification regarding the following please:

"Ideally there should be no visible rivets or brads used to secure the sniper plate to the left greave."

So does "Ideally " infer that they are ok but frowned upon, or a total no can do?

I know this is Centurian not EIB and apologise for straying a tad off topic.

Can I get a quick clarification regarding the following please:

"Ideally there should be no visible rivets or brads used to secure the sniper plate to the left greave."

So does "Ideally " infer that they are ok but frowned upon, or a total no can do?

I know this is Centurian not EIB and apologise for straying a tad off topic.

Hey Matt,

Originally for this Centurion requirement, there was a discussion and it was voted on (back before my time) The vote was for to be able to riveted/brad the sniper knee plate. But, there was enough TKs wanting it to be like the screen accurate way (glued) to merit stating it in the requirement.

The original writer of "Ideally there should be no visible rivets or brads used to secure the sniper plate to the left greave."

This is what they are conveying (my new re-worked verbiage requirement): In an ideal situation or world, you should be gluing your Sniper Knee Plate (as seen in the movie). But if you are having trouble gluing it, it's O.K. to use rivets or brads to secure the Sniper Knee Plate to the top front of the left greave/shin.

In short, it would be great to see any TK going for their Centurion with their sniper knee plate glued on, but you can use the rivets and/or brads and it will pass.

I have been working on better verbiage for all the requirements to help clarify the info in them. After we (TKs) go through the discussions and vote on a few items for the requirements, I will be able to post them up.....

• 1 month later...

Here's a question that I have been pondering for a while, and please move this to another thread if its more appropriate, but why is it not mentioned in the CRL (probably for Centurian) that cover strips should be used instead of the overlap method?

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it will be in the future. Right now there are more important aspects of the CRL to focus on. I don't think it's a big issue. I have yet to see a centurion request where cover strips have not been used where it should be.

But it is an option and its a lot harder to undo if you haven't used E6000. If we are trying to future proof the progression of armour to centurian standards then we need to ensure that new recruits don't start thier build in this way, as to take apart fitted armour with overlaps will inevitably reduce the size or the armour parts and make it difficult to rebuild with cover strips?

I would say that this should be pretty fundamental to the build of centurian standard (ie screen accurate) armour. To me it is vastly more important to having 'slightly scuffed' boots or how the shoulders should be strapped ;)

Edited by ccatkins

Yes, it would be a lot of work to undo if you do overlap assembly. I do think however that those who want to become centurions do their homework ahead and know to use cover strip assembly where applicable.

The scuffed boots requirement is something I'm not agreeing on and have mentioned it, so maybe during the next revision that'll change. I don't know. I'm not the sole man in charge.

• Like 1

I wondering why some of you would have a problem would the boots be scuffed? Are you not trying to make your TK closer to what is seen on screen when you are working towards Centurion?

In ANH, ESB you can clearly see that the boots are black and painted roughly/sloppy white and the had scuffs and paint chips etc. from them being used etc... For the Endor ROTJ, (battle worn) it would look weird to have a suit of armor with battle wear and have nice clean shiny boots, would it not??

I would think you anyone wanting to be more accurate would want the scuffs...If you are wanting to make your TK closer to screen, then the scuffs would be a part of that.

You don't have to go to the extreme as you seen in the pix below with the wear and tear....

REF_ANH_Boots02.jpg

ESB:

ESBboots-1.jpg

Promo shots of ANH:

REF_ANH_Boots01.jpg

I wondering why some of you would have a problem would the boots be scuffed? Are you not trying to make your TK closer to what is seen on screen when you are working towards Centurion

I'm not agreeing on it because I don't like the fact that I can disapprove a centurion request because the shoes are not dirty enough, but I can't disapprove it because the armour is built/assembled wrong.

Nor does it look very good if your armour is spit polished and super shiny, and your boots have to be dirty and scuffed. I'd like to see either both or none. Not a mix match.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it would be a lot of work to undo if you do overlap assembly. I do think however that those who want to become centurions do their homework ahead and know to use cover strip assembly where applicable.

The scuffed boots requirement is something I'm not agreeing on and have mentioned it, so maybe during the next revision that'll change. I don't know. I'm not the sole man in charge.

Ok, I am confused. I have done overlap on all parts of my armor - and definitely 'did my homework' reading build threads. What did I miss that I am supposed to "know to use cover strip assembly where applicable"? I will be submitting my photos this week for 501st approval and did my build with EIB/Centurion in mind - currently, I think the only Centurion requirement I have not done to my armor is the hand-painted decals (which I have and will apply soon) and the 3rd screw at the base of the helmet.

Am I understanding correctly from the comments above that if I want to go for Centurion I will have to completely disassemble my armor and re-build with cover strips? If not completely disassemble, where is it 'applicable'? As noted above, there is nothing in the CRL about requiring armor to be butt-joined/coverstrips. I'm not trying to argue a point or be difficult, I just need clarification - it has taken a lot of work to get my armor ready...and would be disappointing if I have to rebuild.

Edited by boomshakra

Ok, I am confused. I have done overlap on all parts of my armor - and definitely 'did my homework' reading build threads. What did I miss that I am supposed to "know to use cover strip assembly where applicable"? I will be submitting my photos this week for 501st approval and did my build with EIB/Centurion in mind - currently, I think the only Centurion requirement I have not done to my armor is the hand-painted decals (which I have and will apply soon) and the 3rd screw at the base of the helmet.

Am I understanding correctly from the comments above that if I want to go for Centurion I will have to completely disassemble my armor and re-build with cover strips? If not completely disassemble, where is it 'applicable'? As noted above, there is nothing in the CRL about requiring armor to be butt-joined/coverstrips. I'm not trying to argue a point or be difficult, I just need clarification - it has taken a lot of work to get my armor ready...and would be disappointing if I have to rebuild.

hi Jason, let me clear the confusion up....We do not have the cover strip requirement for any level.... So you will be good go if you have done it with the overlap way.

We know that the ANH and ESB screen used TKs had the butt joint and cover strip, which we are hoping that members/people will do this so they can get closer to what you see on screen, But for now, is not a requirement just a hopeful suggestion.

Cannot wait to see your TK man!!! :dancing-trooper:

What I'm talking about is my personal opinion, not what's in the CRL. Currently there is nothing stopping you from using overlap assembly for centurion level (although I disagree with that).

Using cover strips for a ANH/ESB armour is in my mind the only way to go if you have any intention of looking accurate. If you built the armour with E-6000 as your glue, then it should be easy to take it apart and redo it with cover strips. That's what I would do. But I can't tell you what to do, since this is not a requirement. It's up to you.