High Resolution - Phase III TK Images (7 Images)

To me, this looks more like a:

Ā 

ROTJ armor

ANH Style helmet and hand pieces

Ā 

Looks more to me like a frankentrooper than a newer Phase of the clone armor. The only thing that really stands out is the ear markings as mentioned above.

Ā 

Interesting too that the ROTJ style was used since the games (without the expansion levels) take place before ANH.

Ā 

Correct me if I am wrong???

There are many very small differences in this armor compared to the originals. But we also have to remember, the developers are probably not 100% accurate Stormtrooper experts. There more concerned about getting the game done on time so there not sued every day there late.

Ā 

That point though has also been very interesting ... about the ROTJ before ANH.

Your point is well seen about the designers.

Ā 

The way the game ends though, they are probably given their Imperial information by Bothans.

Ā 

We should've known...

• Like 1

You're the man Corey.

Ā 

I just noticed that the bottom corner of either end of the ammo belt looks sorta roundedish... or at a weird angle. Corey's INC and TKC screenshots show something similar. I've never noticed that before.

Ā 

If you have a second can you grab a closeup of one of the ends of the PIII trooper belt?

Ā 

Is it coincidence that all the scuff marks sorta look like paint chipping off of HIPS?

Ā 

Aloha,

Ā 

-Eric

• 2 months later...

Shawn, you just need the helmet and a few small parts to give this one a go ;) this costume is not yet legion approved, who will be the first? :)

But it's so close to a regular ROTJ Tk that it seems pointless IMO. Some game artist slacks off at work and forgets to remove one detail on the ears and we feel the need to create an entire new category of trooper for it? Seems ridiculous to me.

the same concept was done recently with the clone costumes. there is a distinct difference between movie and animated versions. the same is true here, there is major differences. and whether it is a prop maker or a game artist that made it is irrelevant. it is what it is ;)

Ā 

it is not ROTJ or ANH, it is a completely unique hybrid.

Ā 

ANH style helmet with unique rank markings

Ā 

ROTJ style armor with ANH like side rivet placement and 5 ab button side detail

Ā 

ANH style belt (plastic front) and ANH hand plates

Ā 

ROTJ style belt with unique rivet placement

Ā 

lastly it is EU canon and shares the same unique armor style of the other TX and TK EU variants already approved.

• Like 1

Seeing only animated style armour is now allowed for Clone Wars clones, and this looking NOTHING like ANH or ROTJ (to me), wouldn't it be wise to make this an entire new costume.

Ā 

Everything would have to be very edgy. The helmet needs to be really flat. The detonator would have to be heptagonal in shape. Everything would have to be painted and chipped to show khaki (at least the buttplate), etc.

Ā 

And yes, I'm being serious here. Just saying "oh it looks sort of like X" and then go with it, well, that's like the FX days all over again.

Edited by R2Dan

Seeing only animated style armour is now allowed for Clone Wars clones, and this looking NOTHING like ANH or ROTJ (to me), wouldn't it be wise to make this an entire new costume.

Ā 

Everything would have to be very edgy. The helmet needs to be really flat. The detonator would have to be heptagonal in shape. Everything would have to be painted and chipped to show khaki (at least the buttplate), etc.

Ā 

And yes, I'm being serious here. Just saying "oh it looks sort of like X" and then go with it, well, that's like the FX days all over again.

Ā 

Its not about making the trooper look like the game trooper in the sense that its animated, its about using the parts of the armour that make up the costume. IE. The hand plates, trim around armour, style of helmet.

Ā 

Your comment Sonnenschein also indicates that the Incinerator Trooper and Stormtrooper Commander should also be a peacura? Seeing that both of those models as well came from the same game, are the exact same model and the only difference is the paint applied to the costume.

Ā 

I don't see any reason why this variation, like the TKC or Incinerator should not be used? There are 1000 different clones, its just a matter of making the one I want to wear.

Ā 

and P.S, Sonnenschein, Your opinion matters just as much as everyone else... Your no less special then anyone :P

Please, don't take it personal, Corey.

Ā 

I hope I can express mysel a little clearer:

Ā 

This trooper is closer to the TKs we know, so we can "see" the differences better.

The incinerator trooper and skytrooper have a more distinctive desgin (paint job, equipment, etc). So they're no where near an ANH or ROTJ. You can use any base for it.

Ā 

But it seems that you are a little "in love" with this Phase III trooper, so go for it!

Ā 

Don't let others tell you what do do! ;)

• Like 1

the edges are not like that in the HD versions. the PC model shows the model without smoothing or filters. the model is built on a polygon structure just like any CGI render. also that would be like using a painting as reference and trying to replicate the brush strokes on the costume.

Ā 

if you look at the actual gameplay with filters and lighting effects the poly shapes are almost invisible and the are not even intended to be seen. the poly shapes are a limitation of gaming hardware. plus the modles are always moving in the actual game so it is even less noticeable when playing ;)

Ā 

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Please, don't take it personal, Corey.

Ā 

I hope I can express mysel a little clearer:

Ā 

This trooper is closer to the TKs we know, so we can "see" the differences better.

The incinerator trooper and skytrooper have a more distinctive desgin (paint job, equipment, etc). So they're no where near an ANH or ROTJ. You can use any base for it.

Ā 

But it seems that you are a little "in love" with this Phase III trooper, so go for it!

Ā 

Don't let others tell you what do do! ;)

Ā 

Sorry, My text can seem strong.... But I understand what you mean completely! And no I didn't take it personally :P

Ā 

The images you posted Dash, give a better view of the rendered version... The model that I have is just the base of what the render looks like ;P

So basically, this is the "basic" trooper base that could be used for the ICN & TKC, right? E.g. you take this, add some red or blue paint and voila! TKC/ICN.

Ā 

Ideally it would be that way, as that seems what's intended. As noted, artists are not TK experts, and make compromises due to time, budget, or simply lack of knowledge. I'm sure with unlimited amounts of each, there'd be no pixilating/sharp edges and we'd get what is seen in EPII/EPIII realistic animation.

So basically, this is the "basic" trooper base that could be used for the ICN & TKC, right? E.g. you take this, add some red or blue paint and voila! TKC/ICN.

Ā 

Ā 

Thats a good way of putting it...

its just a limitation of hardware. if you compare the same exact model used on the sony PSP to the PS3 or XBOX360 they look very different because the PSP is lacking in video memory in comparison. if we all hade supercomputers like LFL everything would be super smooth :P that will be the next gen in gaming hopefully.

I'm going to apply with my Garrison official sometimes this week to get me re-approved as a Phase III Trooper!! ;) (Hopefully, being the first!)

Ā 

good luck corey! cant wait to see this new addition come to life :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I know my opinion doesn't count much, but I have to agree with Dan.Everythi g has tobe edgy.

Ā 

This could be an easy pepacura project with all the edges.

Ā 

i dont mean to necropost, but i noticed this is where fierfek got his stormtrooper pepakura files from. i have the thighs, shins, back, chest, and shoulders built of this armor! funny my pep armor looks just like this.. with the exception of the ab, crotch, and butt plates built from a different more accurate screen armor