TK4524 Requesting EI Status ROTJ AM Modified

STAR RAIDER

Armour = AM

Helmet = eFX (This suits the Incin. best. That's why it was chosen and it fits me.)

Blaster = None (No Weapon)

Height = 5'11

Weight = 155

Boots = TK Boots

Canvas belt = Self Made (Stretchy Canvas)

Hand Plates = Snowtrooper-style (AM)

Electronics = Voice and Fans

Neck Seal = (Self Made)

Holster = None (No Weapon)

Description: I have worked very hard to get to the point where I am at now. Please note the Thermal Det just has to be sanded and painted. The buttons are not visible becuase I plan in the later future to transform it into an Incinerator.

NOTE: Helmet pictures will be added, I'm just waiting to receive it back from getting fans and com system installed.

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

001.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

002.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

Thermal Det. Please read Description.

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Body Pictures: (These pictures are old, On my next trooper, I will get someone to get a 360 pictures.)

Things that have been fixed after these images:

- Strap between chest and back plate to tighten up the body

- Hand plates are now sanded and curved so they don't cut anyone

- Back piece is lifted, chest piece lowered.

DSC_5822.jpg

DSC_5821.jpg

DSC_5820.jpg

(Head is Tilted Down)

DSC_5818.jpg

Edited by Star Raider

Very good question, The reason It is that high was because I intended to build an Incinerator. Now because I was using those images, there was also just a plain regular TK ROTJ from TFU that was a blank white trooper. That is why my ammo belt is high. I intend in the future to transform this white TK into an Incinerator, just not now.

If that needs to be changed, I will change it. Its just going to be more holes in the armor when converting it back to Incin.

Image1_Left.png

Edit: It's a very small edition, I don't mind doing it. :P

Edited by Star Raider

It seems to me it would be easier on all parts if you hold out and wait until you can go full incinerator before applying for EIB. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

As it is right now, it's not a very good ROTJ, but it might be a pretty good incinerator. If you change things now to be a better ROTJ you might make it a worse incinerator, if you see what I mean. They may be similar, but not similar enough that fixing one thing cannot ruin another.

Edited by Locitus

It seems to me it would be easier on all parts if you hold out and wait until you can go full incinerator before applying for EIB. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

As it is right now, it's not a very good ROTJ, but it might be a pretty good incinerator. If you change things now to be a better ROTJ you might make it a worse incinerator, if you see what I mean. They may be similar, but not similar enough that fixing one thing cannot ruin another.

It's very difficult to say I will go incinerator. I'm willing to make the changes to remain ROTJ. I'm not expecting to apply and get approved right away. Some of these threads go on for 10 pages of improvements. But don't worry, I respect your opinion and am looking forward to your suggestions! :)

I also know AM, isn't the best ROTJ armor, but if I can make changes, the better. I'd really prefer not buying additional parts.... Ie. new back plate if I don't have to. If that makes sense.... I don't want to waste...

Edit 2: The 4 full body images are a little old and don't show the best views, let me replace them tomorrow with some better ones... Then we can look at what needs improvement.

Edited by Star Raider

Well, in that case... :)

Here's a list of some mods that might be cheap to fix to improve the ROTJ look

*Repaint the frown bigger and rounder

*Remove rivet covers and have 90 degree corners on belt

*Re-shape shoulder bells to be more narrow and have more pinch

*Make corners of shoulder bells rounder

*Paint the soles white

*Trim bottom of back plate for less overlap with kidney

*Move knee ammo belt lower

*Remove some excess plastic on the sides of sniper knee plate

*Get a less wide canvas belt or use white webbing. 2 inches wide is about right I believe

*Clean up your TD. At least get rid of that bondo or whatever it is.

And if you got lots of time and if it's still possible, remove cover strips and use overlap assembly.

I've tried to come up with fixes here that require minimal cash to fix. Not everything on this list is required for EIB, but would help to improve the look. But without getting a proper ROTJ helmet it's going to be hard to pull off the right look.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by Locitus

if you go EIB and then modify the suit out of the original configuration, then you might lose the EIB

designation.

isn't that right?

should you just go for incinerator EIB out of the box?

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I'm inclined to agree with Mathias. While they are very similar they are not the same. Theoretically you can take an ROTJ suit and add some paint and boom - you have an incinerator (not including the helmet & hand plates, as the ICN helmet /hand plates ares ANH based). However the same doesn't work in reverse.

I don't know whether it's possible to remedy it at this stage, but outer finishing strips on the limb parts was also an inappropirate choice for ROTJ. I don't know whether they're appropriate for Incinerators Troopers or not (I don't even really know what and Incinerator Trooper is).

I don't know whether it's possible to remedy it at this stage, but outer finishing strips on the limb parts was also an inappropirate choice for ROTJ. I don't know whether they're appropriate for Incinerators Troopers or not (I don't even really know what and Incinerator Trooper is).

Haha, the Incinerator is only 3 Categories below the main ROTJ Forum! :P

if you go EIB and then modify the suit out of the original configuration, then you might lose the EIB

designation.

isn't that right?

should you just go for incinerator EIB out of the box?

I know you've said this before Locitus, I'm kind of changing my mind a bit. Would it be beneficial to continue painting armor red, then reapply for EIB?

Added note, Thanks for all the great suggestions! They really do help :)

Sorry Rich, I don't quite understand your suggestion.

TK_anh_stunt_thighs.jpeg

TK_anh_stunt_shins.jpeg

These are the thighs and Shins I copied from.

I followed this thread for AM requirement. http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=16608

Edited by Star Raider

You copied shins and thighs finished in the style of an original suit from Episode IV or Episode V.

The ROTJ suits did not have butt joints with strips on the outide. The seams overlapped and had no outer strips.

My ROTJ build: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=16442&hl=&fromsearch=1

My further ROTJ research and proposals: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=17213&hl=&fromsearch=1

You copied shins and thighs finished in the style of an original suit from Episode IV or Episode V.

The ROTJ suits did not have butt joints with strips on the outide. The seams overlapped and had no outer strips.

My ROTJ build: http://forum.whitear...l=&fromsearch=1

My further ROTJ research and proposals: http://forum.whitear...l=&fromsearch=1

You know... Its funny because I pulled those images off the CRL from the 501st ROTJ website! In that case, I will wait for EIB status once I have finished painting. It seems that I have the base for a better Incinerator then an ROTJ,

"

The AM greaves (shins) shall be on the proper legs, with a new cover strip. The cover strip edge shall be facing the inside of the leg. Note: There is a manufacturer defect with the AM greaves (shins) that may cause you to wear the them improperly. Please see the Tutorial titled :"AM armor shins: the proper way to assemble and wear", on the whitearmor.net "

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rotj

Edited by Star Raider

That seriously needs addressing.

It doesn't help you much now, but I included direct reference to overlapping seams in my proposals for the new CRL/EIB/Centurion requirements. Maybe after the election is out of the way, the new detachment leader can tackle this and we can have a vote on my suggestions.

That seriously needs addressing.

It doesn't help you much now, but I included direct reference to overlapping seams in my proposals for the new CRL/EIB/Centurion requirements. Maybe after the election is out of the way, the new detachment leader can tackle this and we can have a vote on my suggestions.

Don't get me wrong, Had I known about that issue, I would have strongly followed it. Sorry this is the first day I've heard about it... :S I was only following the CRL according to the 501st page.

Its defiantly something we can look at after the election, after everything is out of the way.

Edited by Star Raider

Very good question, The reason It is that high was because I intended to build an Incinerator. Now because I was using those images, there was also just a plain regular TK ROTJ from TFU

by regular TFU TK i assume you mean this trooper ???

whiteEU.jpg

it shares all the same armor attributes as the ICN and TKC, simply a plain white EU trooper, i have considered this costume myself and actually named it the PHASEIII trooper.

as of yet, this costume in not 501st approved ;) but that doesn't mean you cant try to get 501st approval..

if this is the trooper you want to go with it would be a first in the legion if approved :)

first off you need to meet all of the base requirements for the ICN/TKC (minus any paint flash details), and i would go for EIB requirements as well.. (your almost there)

for that you need to make the helmet ANH (paint the frown gray ect..) and replace the ROTJ hand plates with ANH ones... i would also strongly recommend replacing your back plate and chest as well.. also your back plate needs to come up some to eliminate the overlap on the kidney plate. plus any other needed fixes.

next you need to provide 360deg references from the game and take new submission photos... submit the references and photos to you GML as a new to the legion costume..

i cant say for sure it would be approved, but if not you would just need to add red to make an incinerator ;)

by regular TFU TK i assume you mean this trooper ???

whiteEU.jpg

it shares all the same armor attributes as the ICN and TKC, simply a plain white EU trooper, i have considered this costume myself and actually named it the PHASEIII trooper.

as of yet, this costume in not 501st approved ;) but that doesn't mean you cant try to get 501st approval..

if this is the trooper you want to go with it would be a first in the legion if approved :)

first off you need to meet all of the base requirements for the ICN/TKC (minus any paint flash details), and i would go for EIB requirements as well.. (your almost there)

for that you need to make the helmet ANH (paint the frown gray ect..) and replace the ROTJ hand plates with ANH ones... i would also strongly recommend replacing your back plate and chest as well.. also your back plate needs to come up some to eliminate the overlap on the kidney plate. plus any other needed fixes.

next you need to provide 360deg references from the game and take new submission photos... submit the references and photos to you GML as a new to the legion costume..

i cant say for sure it would be approved, but if not you would just need to add red to make an incinerator ;)

You should great a section for this in the unapproved costumes area. It seems too easy, and I bet someone will do it soon.

I know you've said this before Locitus, I'm kind of changing my mind a bit. Would it be beneficial to continue painting armor red, then reapply for EIB?

Added note, Thanks for all the great suggestions! They really do help :)

I'm not really sure what the best way to go about this is to be honest. But I know for sure that it's best to go with one of them and stick to it.

I'm sorry that the pictures in the CRL made you "mess up" your legs. Having pictures there is a bit of a dual edged sword.