Star Wars Celebration VI

tkrestonva

If you haven't already been checking out the CVI threads on the 501st forums, here's a link to the SHOOT-A-TROOPER event raising funds for Peter Mayhew's foundation.

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70576

Shoot-A-Trooper is really fun and every shot is money for the charity.

It is confirmed, I just bought my ticket... my life belongs to FISD and the 501st from 8/22-8/26.

I want to do skits and goof off and Stormtrooper Olympics or Troopathalon or whatever. I want to go to panels and take pictures and eat crappy food and hang by the pool. I want to be in the biggest 501st photo ever and bust into a flash mob TK dance from hell.

ARE YOU WITH ME!?!?! :peace:

EDIT: I'm looking to make an all-girl Droid Hunt team... doesn't have to be only TKs...

Edited by LadyInWhite

• 2 weeks later...

It is confirmed, I just bought my ticket... my life belongs to FISD and the 501st from 8/22-8/26.

I want to do skits and goof off and Stormtrooper Olympics or Troopathalon or whatever. I want to go to panels and take pictures and eat crappy food and hang by the pool. I want to be in the biggest 501st photo ever and bust into a flash mob TK dance from hell.

EDIT: I'm looking to make an all-girl Droid Hunt team... doesn't have to be only TKs...

GOOD NEWS! i MIGHT BE ABLE TO ATTEND SOME OF THESE DAYS, AND IF SO - I'M TOTALLY IN FOR WHATEVER.

Well, you know what i mean... skits - dancing - general silliness, as long as I can wear my bucket! My early June VAC tan

is gone, and now I'm molting - so definately could use some pool time! I think my garrison will be up to MUCH silliness...

but I don't want to give away any secrets!

Who's getting EXCITED FOR THIS CELEBRATION ? ! ? ! ? ! ! !

Where's the best place / time for the 501st to gather for a big ol picture?

They have that all planned out -- just waiting to confirm time and place! :)

The 501st Boards has a whole humongous section for planning... panels, skits, special events, fundraiser thingies, you name it!

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=113&sid=4b0828955c07d0c3acd5349cc12431da

I will be submitting my pics for approval by the end of the coming week, so I will OFFICIALLY be there, with my wife and 5-year-old son. I plan on dressing in my Mando on Friday and my TX on Saturday...

I will be submitting my pics for approval by the end of the coming week, so I will OFFICIALLY be there, with my wife and 5-year-old son. I plan on dressing in my Mando on Friday and my TX on Saturday...

Woohoo! I wish my husband would come, so I could bring my son (age 6)... they could hang out, lightsaber duel, etc. Unfortunately school starts Aug 14.

I am super happy that I'm able to go! You guys have no idea! LOL :D

ME TOO! I hope we can meet up! I want to meet all my TK friends face to face :)

Take lots of pictures! Glad everybody's getting excited. :) It turns out I can't make it this time around. Fooey!

It stinks your family will miss it, Ingrid. It's good to get away from time to time though - and you'll be surrounded by friends. :)

C6 ticket, check.

Room booked, check.

Plane ticket, soon... soon..

Just need to get the finishing touches on my TK for my 501st application :D

It's all coming along smoothly. Can't wait to meet you guys :)

That's actually the point - to be able to get down & party without the kid tagging along. :D

Hey, I hear yah!!! Not that my 17 y.o. ever wants to tag along now [sniff, sniff :(] but it IS easier and more relaxing not worrying about the young-uns! :)

C6 ticket, check.

Room booked, check.

AWESOME Girl with a B.A. TK, CHECK.

:)

You girls have a drink in my memory, ok?!!!

You bet, girlfriend. I'll have two or three just for you, then two or three for me.

I hope they have Aquavit. Nothing like a little lemony gasoline :)

I have roped Andrea into forming a droid hunt team... anyone else wanna join that? I was hoping you'd make three, J72, but alas! :(

C6 ticket, check.

Room booked, check.

I'M ECSTATIC!!!

:)

You bet! :)

I have roped Andrea into forming a droid hunt team... anyone else wanna join that? I was hoping you'd make three, J72, but alas! :(

Can't wait :D

A drink for Jenny and for Keith! And everyone else who can't make it! We're gonna be totally blitzed!

Andrea, here's a link to the Droid Hunt... http://www.501st.com/droidhunt/

I'm STILL LOOKING for TWO MORE PEOPLE for our DROID HUNT TEAM!!! Doesn't have to be TK or female :D

The rules state that only helmeted characters can "spot" and confront the droids (and TKs are key), but one member can be a non-helmeted "spotter" slash wrangler, to handle the raffle tickets and what-not. (I found that was hard to do in my low visibility situation.) If I have my navy trooper by then, I'll be able to do that if others want to TK, but if someone else wants to be spotter, that's fine too.