Star Wars Celebration VI

tkrestonva

FISD crew, it was a pleasure meeting all of you! After seeing you all, I really wished I brought my TK too!

I was right in front of you at the shoot, and I did mention a problem then. I know people troop what they can, and no one has unlimited income to spend on white plastic, but really?

7885101604_42686a4408_b.jpg

At least three things stand out in that photo. All of the FISD/GT crew looked incredible, but I also saw some of the worst TK's I have ever seen. I also realize that many of the TK's strolling around were not 501st. (At least I hope so!)

Again, great job from 99.99% of the TK's out there, I really had a great time. Julie just can not stop talking about how wonderful everyone is. Looks like we need to figure out how to pay for a Germany trip!

On the plus, if you look at the C5 and before that the C4 photo or the Rose Parade, you'll see how far we've come as a Legion. Far, far fewer FX each time. The yellow jobbers are what stand out, but if you don't look at them you can see the paucity of FX helmets in the latest shot.

No, Gina. We're talking about our own garrison member - Cassie.

I saw her crying when she went up the escalator but it looked like maybe her shoulder strap came off? I know she did come back down for the photo.

I spoke with her recently. What happened at the photo was basically the breaking point of what had been for her an overwhelming experience (first SWC, in armor for 2 days straight, etc.) for a naturally shy individual, especially around large crowds. The added stress of arriving a few minutes after most of the TKs had assembled, being pushed to the back of the formation, and basically being jostled and ordered every which way was a bit more than she could take at the time. :(

:( I remember seeing Cassie go up the escalator and I noticed that one of her shoulder pieces was off, I thought it was a armor malfunction. I didn't find out till later what was going on.

I remember seeing the big guy in the spandex suit come down the oppisit side and then after a few mins he went back up the same way.

Edited by Runya Jade

• 1 year later...

Here are some from the bash! I tried, but could not find Paul! The fuzzy photo is Mark Hamil on the stage!

file-195.jpg

file-194.jpg

file-193.jpg

file-192.jpg

file-191.jpg

file-190.jpg

file-189.jpg

file-188.jpg

file-187.jpg

file-186.jpg

file-185.jpg

file-184.jpg

file-183.jpg

file-182.jpg

file-181.jpg

file-180.jpg

file-179.jpg

file-178.jpg

file-177.jpg

file-176.jpg

It's always great to see you Julie!  :D

Woah! I think i've stayed at that exact same hotel before when I was at a convention in Orlando. I recognize the area and pizza place.

The bash was a true blast, and I cannot wait for next year.  Not sure how we missed each other Julie - I was there for sure.