Star Wars Celebration VI

tkrestonva

Looks like I actually WILL get to be there! :jc_doublethumbup: I'll be bustin out a few costumes, but I totally plan to sport my TK, at least for a little while. :)

That's "busting out" not "busting out of," right? ;)

I am supposed to get my armor (Shadow Stormtrooper) on Teusday and most of the rest of my bits and pieces by the end of the week. My goal is to be 501st approved by Free comic book day, but I am realistic and I know i will be ready by Celebration!

Will be there, but i am still debating on if i will bring my TK ( last time was awesome, but flying it up was a pain....) still has some time to think about it.

I'm going! I have never been, but word I have been told is not to bring femtrooper? I hate not to wear it, since that is my trademark costume, but I guess Juno/Slave Leia will be easier to transport anyway!

Why not? If you want to bring it, go for it.

Agreed. I would love to see you in the front row of the FISD group photo in your femtrooper. Besides, there were plenty of non-canon costumes at C5, if that is part of the issue.

If someone is concerned about it being too revealing then I don't see how you wearing a Femtrooper is any different from someone else wearing a Slave Leia (which of course shows a lot more skin) - and there were a TON of those running around at C5.

I don't know if you were there during C5 but did you get to see the sexy wampa? She didn't leave much to the imagination.

I say the more scantily clad women running around the better. :jc_doublethumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Who's going to be our 'Debbie Allen' (or Glee equivalent) dance choreographer? After a few beers, I reckon I could pull off a few moves like this at The Bash :P

:dancing-trooper: :dancing-trooper: :dancing-trooper: :dancing-trooper:

• Like 1

Who's going to be our 'Debbie Allen' (or Glee equivalent) dance choreographer? After a few beers, I reckon I could pull off a few moves like this at The Bash :P

:dancing-trooper: :dancing-trooper: :dancing-trooper: :dancing-trooper:

OK OK OK I can't resist this - :laugh1:

FISD FLASH MOB!

All you gotta do is practice with Star Wars Kinect... we all memorize the moves for one sequence (you know, the CHEWIE HUG and DOUBLE BLASTERS and so on), practice at home... someone can make a video for those without the game... then just before or just after the 501st photo, someone blasts the music and all the troopers get down!!! and/or any time any place! Jabba's Palace! Guaranteed to be the most memorable event of the show, and way more original than a Thriller flash mob!

FISD FLASH MOB!

All you gotta do is practice with Star Wars Kinect... we all memorize the moves for one sequence (you know, the CHEWIE HUG and DOUBLE BLASTERS and so on), practice at home... someone can make a video for those without the game... then just before or just after the 501st photo, someone blasts the music and all the troopers get down!!! and/or any time any place! Jabba's Palace! Guaranteed to be the most memorable event of the show, and way more original than a Thriller flash mob!

ok im in what song i can post the video just let me know the song

FISD FLASH MOB!

Stay tuned for the skits to come out. Last year I took part in a few of them and I have to say the one with the FISD guys Paul, Hyper and some others was a BLAST!

There's pics of it somewhere on here. Really looking forward to doing something like that again.

Stay tuned for the skits to come out. Last year I took part in a few of them and I have to say the one with the FISD guys Paul, Hyper and some others was a BLAST!

There's pics of it somewhere on here. Really looking forward to doing something like that again.

OMG I want pics and video... and that sounds so totally fun!!!

ok im in what song i can post the video just let me know the song

HAHA someone else will have to pick one because I am to nerdy to know what's "hip" :) Make it something very dance-able!

I'm going! I have never been, but word I have been told is not to bring femtrooper? I hate not to wear it, since that is my trademark costume, but I guess Juno/Slave Leia will be easier to transport anyway!

Julie don't fall for that. I did last time. I had planned a corset type of imperial officer and was told that celebration was kid friendly and the costume was not appropriate. Of course I was ok with it and didn't bring it!

Then I get there and besides 500 slave leias ( some showing underpants) and a half naked wampa, there were a few femme troopers and also some "corset" stormtroopers as well!

So hey!!! I'm bringing my corset officer with whip in hand and also a burlesque type stormtrooper!!!

So yeah girl!!! Bring your femme trooper! :D

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lcqnar

Renata Gatti

SL 5323

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who has Star Wars Kinect and can make the dance video? OR (better yet) who has great dance ability (and SIMPLE moves) and can make the dance video themselves (and thus less cheesy)? We are doing this people, even if we don't all make it to CVI. Femme Troopers can dance along side us!

Someone pick music, someone dance, send it to TKs only, try to keep it a secret, and BAMMO!

How difficult is it to transport the armor cross-border? Blaster issues?

I have some family in the Orlando area and will be there if I can get the time off of work!

Who has Star Wars Kinect and can make the dance video? OR (better yet) who has great dance ability (and SIMPLE moves) and can make the dance video themselves (and thus less cheesy)? We are doing this people, even if we don't all make it to CVI. Femme Troopers can dance along side us!

Someone pick music, someone dance, send it to TKs only, try to keep it a secret, and BAMMO!

This sounds like an amazing idea! :)

Someone cross posted the dancing trooper video on 501st boards where it is a hit and attracts positive attention for the detachment ... but I think if we do the flash mob situation we need to keep the flash mob part under wraps. It's more fun when it seems spontaneous, no? :P

- we need a song (this is where I am least useful)

- someone to volunteer to make a dance video for distribution to practice to (equivalent of the "choreographer" lol)

- perhaps an out-of-costume quickie top secret dry run

- any other ideas to make this fresh, enticing to all TKs, and successful

For ex: What if we have a RL volunteer start an altercation that ends in a kind of dance-off?

If we do this, I will absolutely choose CVI over Dragon*con (if I can't do both). Otherwise I'm already committed to DC, but I really would rather meet all of you great people at CVI and especially have a Ladies In White Luncheon or something special for us to get together. (Happy to have guys there too!)

- how do we rally the ladies? There are fewer of us, and even fewer hanging out here...

Oh crud, here I go organizing stuff. I promised my therapist (cat) that I would stop over-committing to human activities.

How difficult is it to transport the armor cross-border? Blaster issues?

Would love to meet you in person, Andrea.

As for border issues, it depends. I doubt the armor will be an issue (other than potential "oversized" luggage fees). If you can pack it softly and safely into something smaller than the 50-gal Stanley, that might help. Then use a small luggage hand truck to wheel it around.

Blasters: I have a friend from England who comes to cons in the US with his Mass Effect arsenal every year, no problems whatsoever. However, you know US customs folks at the Canadian border are total jerks. (Sorry if any FISD guys are an exception... :engel: )

If I fly with my Sci-Fire E-11 it'll be in checked luggage with a note that says it's a prop and all rubber. I did that with my Mara lightsaber hilt last year because I was sure someone on x-ray would think it was a pipe bomb, but it made it there and back. "This is a PROP made of a 1" wood dowel and a few plumbing accessories." I included a reference picture.

Edited by LadyInWhite

Heya Andrea - armour not an issue but weapons probably. You do take your chances on it. I am about to finish my resin E-11 for troops in Canada and a Hasbro conversion for troops in the US. If I lose my Hasbro I would be less heartbroken!

So jealous guys... wish I could go to CVI ... I would so kick-you know what in a dance off too!

Edited by bigironvault