ROTJ Suit Questions

TK-7186

I am nearing the end of mu ROTJ build and I have a few questions.

1) I just wanted to confrim, based ont he CRL, the ammo belt has a rivet on each end to attach it to the canvas belt?

2) What paint do you use to paint the soles of boots to make them white?

3) Drop boxes - are they aligned where the rivets sit or under the last ammo box on each side?

4) I have the trim, but have not tried it yet. Do you glue this on or just push it on and leave it?

5) I looked around, and probably missed it, if your kidney and butt plate are seperated, is there a way to fuse them together? Something I will do in the future.

Thanks,

Gerrit

I can help you with some of these.

1) Yes, one rivet at each end (and they aren't covered over like on ANH/ESB belts).

3) They hang right under the rivets.

5) Possibly you could glue in some shims on the inside to connect them and then us ABS paste to fill/cover the join?

4) If you want, Sometimes the trim has a stick adhesive under the coating. Mine was old and when I warmed it up with a hair dryer, it didn't fully stick. You can try using epxoy glues, E6000, or Hot Glue. Since you wont be structurally supporting anything off the trim, hot glue has done me well. If you have a couple pieces to spare, try a little of each and see what suits you best.

Pros vs Cons,

White glue is clear, but isn't extremely strong.

Most epoxy and E6000, Pros: Very Strong, Cons: Almost all have a colour that won't match the armor unless its clear.

My instructions:

1. Heat the trim with a hair dryer on warm/hot till its nice and flexible.

2. Apply the trim to mold the shape.

3. Let is set to keep its shape.

4. Slowly remove a small section, heat it again, apply some glue to the inside, apply trim to armor and hold for a minute.

5. Finish the rest of the trim.

Edited by Star Raider

Thanks for the information. For painting the boots, I have some white tire paint I was using to paint the rasied lettering on my car tires. That may work for the rubber sole of the boots. I am going to give it a shot, once I figure out where I stored it.

-Gerrit

Just use super glue for the trim. Dot it along the the edge of the armour and push on the trim. Done!

Yes one rivet each side on the belt. The rivet attaches the belt to the Ab plate and the drop boxes so goes through everything in one.

You can rivet the knee box belt on or glue it there is evidence of both.

Any thing else youneed to know just ask.

I have learned that my wife will give me a very evil look when she gets out of the shower to find her hair dryer missing and finds me using it to heat up a piece of molding trim to fit my armor. At least I got the back plate done before she took it from me :)

-Gerrit

• 5 months later...