RT Mod sandy conversion?

tbo

I wasn't quite sure if I should ask here or over at MEPD..I'm curious if any of you RT Mod owners have given this any thought or attempt?? I've been trying to rack my greenhorn brain with all the correct research to make a list of all that would needed to be done. I'm just trying to keep an open mind..though chances are I may just purchase a TD kit so my mannequin can have a friend :D

It should be really straight forward.

* Use TD decals on the helmet instead of TK

* Ditch the shoulder bridges

* Get a diamond sniper plate

* No drop boxes/det on the back

* For the ab plate, just don't add the button detail or you can cut it out like we did in the FX days

Done! :)

I've been giving this some thought too. My long range plan is to turn my current RT kit into a TD and save my pennies (and continue losing weight) for a TM.

While your question can probably be answered with a quick search on MEPD... or comparing the CRLs... I think the differences are something like:

• Remove lines in the traps and tears of your helmet
  • Find a way to remove built in center ab buttons
  • Remove drop boxes
  • Change knee plate to diamond shaped
  • Don't wear your thermal det
  • Remove your shoulder bridges

Of course you'll need pouches, a pack, pouldron, and a T-21 or DLT-19 and lots and lots of dirty sand.

I'm sure an actual sandy will pipe up and correct my list.... But I'd study the CRL first.

Aloha,

-Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Rob mentioned in an email recently that he is working on sandy specific stuff for his kit (ESB and ROTJ too.) Not sure of the timeframe... but he may be able to provide parts if you ask :)

Aloha,

-Eric