Voice

the Aker and iComm combination is fantastic. Jim sells them at an affordable price, and he ships quickly. The Aker is nice and loud with the right amount of distortion whereas the iComm adds those essential static bursts. In addition, the iComm comes with a push-to-talk cable or is voice-activated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am new and just trying to help so if I am not supposed to post this link for Lucasfan7's question then sorry in advance. lol

This is where I found the icomm/aker for purchase.

http://tkproductsllc.net/product/icomm-imperial-communication-system/

• 3 weeks later...

There are many options, varying in price, complexity, availability, performance, physical size, etc. You can get very creative with your sound effects if you choose to do so and have the electronics skills to make it happen. For example, in one of my old buckets I gutted a $10 Halloween voice changer (a full tutorial is available here on the forum) and rewired the sound effects to speakers embedded in my hovis.

However, the two options that nowadays tend to rise to the top are the RomFX and the Aker/iComm. Having heard both in action, either would make an excellent choice. :)

However, the two options that nowadays tend to rise to the top are the RomFX and the Aker/iComm. Having heard both in action, either would make an excellent choice. :)

Of the Acker Amps I have personal knowledge of in the UK, a large number have had tech/mic issues and have spoken out on how they wish they had bought a Rom.

Just sayin........