Paint the helmet inside

Ideally you paint the inside before you start trimming and assembling the helmet. You don't really need to paint it though. And put the pads in last once you have all the rest done.

Edited by Locitus

Aye. Painting the inside of the helmet can be a nightmare if you have already cut out the eyes and teeth. But if you've yet to reach that step, mask off the front and paint away! Make sure to wash out and then sand (and then wash out again) the inside of the helmet so the primer/paint has something to stick to. Then, there shouldn't be a problem with then affixing your pads in the helmet. (I used velcro so I could adjust as needed.)

If you plan on doing it with a tiny brush, I'd say don't do it.

The amount of time you use won't be worth it, as the result won't be near as good as with spraying the paint on, but then you have to worry about masking off the eyes and teeth and everywhere else you don't want the paint to go. Let it be, is my tip.

the originals were not painted.

and the plastic can be thin enough for your helmet's exterior color to be effected.

unless you're painting the outside as well.

it's just not really needed.

The jury will always be out on whether or not to paint the inside of the buckets. For me, two factors came into play: #1 a tricked out bucket interior is just bad a**!!! #2 when on a troop, kids look up and I would rather a fan NOT see the white inside of the helmet. To me, it provides a more authentic experience for the kids. Ultimately, the dicision is yours.

This is the main reasons I painted the inside of mine. I used rubberized undercoating used on cars. Adds a nice weight to it.

The jury will always be out on whether or not to paint the inside of the buckets. For me, two factors came into play: #1 a tricked out bucket interior is just bad a**!!! #2 when on a troop, kids look up and I would rather a fan NOT see the white inside of the helmet. To me, it provides a more authentic experience for the kids. Ultimately, the dicision is yours.