My 1:3 scale SFS stormtrooper helmet, painted and detailed

ObiHahn

After having acquired a very very cool 3D scan of the original SFS stormtrooper helmet in 1:3 scale that stood on my shelf raw and unfinished for way too long, I finally spray- and hand-painted mymini helmet.

I installed "real" lenses and made my own (slightly underscaled) mic tips with real mesh.

I guess I will also add the paint chippings later, here are a couple of pics of the pristine helmet:

6812296591_b151fb9aec_b.jpg

6812298627_f908fb50a6_b.jpg

6812302703_d27b8482d2_b.jpg

6812300507_5e0c2b3d7f_b.jpg

And a nice angled shot:

6812304611_d635639f06_b.jpg

And another one with the mini SFS and a bigger brother:

6812389013_51f63e6e50_b.jpg

I gave the helmet real rubber neck trim and a chin strap but have yet to find something that looks like snaps in 3rd scale.

Thanks guys, the tube stripes almost gave me seizures. :D

Since I made the pics, I installed neck trim and a foam starfish helmet liner - all I need now are small metallic thingies that'll pass as snaps for my mini-chinstraps...any ideas?

@Paul: thanks for the paintwork praise, this was not an easy one considering how thick my Humbrol paints have become... not good in this scale I can tell you.

@Mathias: love the pic, I'm afraid I might have to copy that sometime. ;)

Whoa, thanks!

Here's another pic with 2 bigger brothers:

6819602097_15f3160908_b.jpg

So what's the verdict, gents: add SFS paint chippings and weathering or leave this fella as is? I'm really torn about that.

Dennis

That is friging AWESOME!! B)

In fact, I am now in the process of organising an expedition to the Ecuadorian, and neighboring Peruvian Amazon

to seek out the notorious members of the Shuar tribe to see if they will kindly oblige me with their skills so that I may

just.....JUST, get my ol' nogging into that beautiful lid.

ShrunkenHeadGuy.jpg

:D

Thanks for your input and praise, guys! :)

This one might just stay pristine (let's say this is what the SFS looked liked when filming began ;) ).

Good idea with the head shrinking, Billy! If you find that tribe, give me a holler.