AM ESB Build in Long Beach

obrotherracing

Though I'm happy with my results, I realized there is a more efficient way to do the THIGHS and SHINS. Unfortunately I learned this AFTER building mine. Anyone know a good resource for replacements??? I posted in the BUY/TRADE forum, and unfortunately AM does not produce "pieces."

Any help or direction is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Jason

Ralph - That's Awesome!!! I was contemplating it, but a $500 price tag is a bit steep for me. Though it's not totally out of the question right now. When will they find out their segment??? Keep me updated. Would love to meet some new people out here.

Jason

• 11 months later...

So I recently purchased a SCOOTCH helmet kit from someone on the RPF.  My questions are these:

1.  What are the specific screws used for the ears?

2.  How flush/even/lined-up does the opening/neck need to be before putting on the neck trim/molding?

I searched multiple threads, but couldn't find anything that answers these two questions; not to say that there ISN'T one though.  Thanks in advance!!

• 4 weeks later...

Here's where my SCOOTCH ESB Bucket it; I feel it's complete, but I'm going to leave it to the seasoned experts.  All decals, except for on the earcap/rank square, frown & vocoder (used TESTORS).  Mic Tip screens were taken from actual sink faucet aerators.  Lenses are deep, dark green, single piece.  Trying to decide if I do the foam "star" or the helmet style insert for inside.

As usual, any input or constructive criticism is ALWAYS welcomed!!  Thanks....

20130623_155616_zps07b470a1.jpg     20130623_155641_zpsdb01d3aa.jpg     20130622_215435_zps4ec02238.jpg     20130623_155630_zps3d6ea103.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

PICS were submitted and I was APPROVED!!!!  Based on what I have been told, there are only a small handful of us EP5 TKs here in So CA.  I still have some small mods to make, and I would like to eventually submit for CENTURION; however, for now.....WOO HOO!!!

Congrats from a fellow ESB trooper (though I don;t often troop that config). Good luck with the mods for EIB and Centurion.  :duim:  Don't forgot to show some photos to prove it too ;)

PICS were submitted and I was APPROVED!!!!  Based on what I have been told, there are only a small handful of us EP5 TKs here in So CA.  I still have some small mods to make, and I would like to eventually submit for CENTURION; however, for now.....WOO HOO!!!

Congrats!

I don´t want to bring you down, but with the AM you will not be able to reach Centurion.

At least you would need to change the chest and backplate for more accurate ones.

But EIB would be a good start, I was in the same boat, also reached EIB with an AM.

Good luck on your way!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks MINUTEMAN!  I was kind of aware of that.  Oh well; it is what it is.  I have been modding it (CHEST & BACK) significantly with sheers, dremmel and hot iron.  If nothing else, I'm getting CLOSER to screen accurate.

Thanks again for the support!

Jason