Sign in to follow this  
battlebroad

Salutations from Eastern Colorado!

Hello, Hello to you all! I'm loving all the interesting info on this site. I already have my AP armor, built, and trial run tested. Now I'm spending all of my free time making it "wearable" without all of the armor pinch, and trying to make it to fit my pear-shaped body type (darn you anorexic actors from the '70's) ;) I'm struggling with finding out how to "snap attach" the belt to the armor now so that it doesn't slide up and rip off my ab buttons. Are there any suggestions? reference pictures? Should I just epoxy the belt in place?

Thanks for your interest, and you'll most likely see me trolling on this site when I devote the time away from repairs...

c'ya!

Welcome to the forums!! I would be easier to help with your problem if we could see it. A lot seem to have a snap on both ends of the ab plate then a matching snap on either side of the belt. Look at some of the EIB threads, they seem to have them. Post a thread in the Hard amor section to get more specific help.

If your belt is sliding up or down and you want to keep it in place, I would try some industrial strength velcro in some areas to keep your belt secure. I would do that before gluing snaps or making something permanent. You can always peel the velcro off if it does not work for you. I put a couple velcro pieces on my ab plate and secured the belt to them, keeps my belt from shifting or riding up or down while I walk,bend, or just normal movement. Works great for me. I don't think you are the only person that have had their belt move around on them. I have a 32" waist and my belt still tended to shift around before I secured it.

Dan

TK-3967

Edited by Thalizar

Hey mate. :)

With your holster and all that on the belt is bound to move; so as the others have said just use velcro or something first to see how that goes. :)

I've driven through eastern Colorado a few times on my way to points east or west. Not much out there as I recall - pretty much all farm and ranch land. Where exactly are you located?

Welcome to FISD...! Yeah, typically folks will "attach" the belt in the front via Velcro, glue, and/or other methods. :)

Welcome, Rowen!

Where in Eastern Colorado are you at? I haven't seen you on the garrison forums, please drop by www.mg501.com, register and say hi! We'd love to help you get trooping! We have no shortage of troops on the schedule... it might be a bit of a drive, depending on where you are, but we'd love to have you join us!

We have a couple of armor parties coming up, so if you can make the drive to Denver, we'd love to meet you.

Bill

• Like 1