Armor Crits welcome (AM)

Alright, So I bought my set of AM late last July, and wound up finishing it (so that it's some what presentable) in mid September. I had posted the finished pictures on my build thread but wound up not getting any responses to how it was and what I should work on. So now I'm posting here hoping to get some needed feedback on my work. The armor is still lacking a canvas belt and thermal detonator, and I still need to find an E-11, holster, neck seal, and speaker system with the chip. The armor is nice (although very large) and goes nicely with my efx lid. These are the only pictures I have right now to show you, I'll post others tomorrow when I get the chance.

The first one is of me accompanying my sister to her schools halloween party, and the second is of me at my high school's football game with an "OC" (Oldham County Colonels) painter taped to my chest piece. They let me conduct the band to play the imperial march. :lol:

wuKjIgj.jpg

KfhPuC5.jpg

Looks good mate. :)

I also have an AM, almost finished. I reckon it's an awesome kit. While a lot of people don't think much of it because it's a little innacurate I reckon it's a brilliant kit.

Good work. :)

@Spectre I think you are right about the drop boxes, I think also they are supposed to be a bit higher up and further round the sides. Maybe i'm wrong but all the stuff i've seen they have all been that way.

Yeah, drop box straps should be white, and not that wide, and yeah the boxes should also be moved more towards the sides, not much though, and a little higher. Good pick-ups Rob. :)

The AM definitely is a really crisp suit, and I love it because it's made for my body type, so only minor trimming and no shimming required. :D

Hell, even Pandatrooper managed to make it fit him, so really it's how determined you are I guess. :P

I am so happy with mine though, it is a really, really nice kit IMHO.

Edited by Spectre

Yup as Spectre said the drop box straps need to be white and should be further around on the belt, essentially hanging underneath the end buttons on the belt.

I love my AM kit too :) (even if I am - sigh - a little short to be a stormtrooper)

Great pic with your sister in her costume :) one of the best bits about being a trooper is the smiles on kids faces and the adults too - :)

Matthew, yep mate the drop boxes will need to come up a bit mate. They need to sit just under the belt. I have AM as well because im a big guy but it does look good.

Ive just applied for EIB take a look buddy.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks for the feedback, The guide I got with my set of AM said that the elastic I used on the drop boxes is where it's supposed to go, so I guess I just need to run out and pick up some white elastic. So now that I'm home I guess I'll post the pictures I said I would... I didn't feel like taking the suit off the mannequin so I just took pictures of "him", or Ken as my sister likes to call him. I had the helmet in my basement and didn't put it on him so I'm sorry if he scares you like he does me ( I try to keep the helmet on him as much as possible) :lol: . All the pieces don't fit on him which kind of sucks, but I can deal with it. The pictures I took of myself are to show you the gaps between my arm and the plastic, I saw somewhere that it's not good so I'm posting them to see if my gaps are way to wide. If you would like me to take a picture of something specific on the suit, tell me and I'll do it as soon as possible....Oh, and congrats Graeme! I would love to be able to put more money into my suit to do that, but being a high school student, I'm finding it hard to get a job :( . Plus I'm not able to join the 501st yet, and by the time that I am, I'm going to be in basic training. But I'm making sure to set some of my enlistment money aside so that when I get back I can build myself an EIB worthy suit.

ZwNoVat.jpg

FLJ5jK7.jpg