Where are the droids?

Chunkaholic

So I don't know if anyone else has heard of doing this or not but my buddy just came up and gave me this idea today. He said that I should get armored up and walk into a Verizon store and ask where the droids are. I got a kick out of it and would DEFINITELY do it, but sadly I don't have a sound system in my suit, and I think it would be extremely cheesy on my part to walk in and yell so they can hear me from inside my helmet. So getting back to the beginning, I was wandering if anyone had already done this already or not?

Also, I'm planning on going to the Phantom Menace in my suit. Anyone else planning on it as well? I don't think it would be the smartest thing to do, especially because I wouldn't be able to put the glasses on to watch it in 3D, and sitting there for that long would be uncomfortable. But that just might be me, I still need to trim the heck out of my suit to get it fitting perfectly.

Edited by Chunkaholic

Lol, would be pretty cool to do that. Just for the lulz.

In my case, I'm not going to the phantom menace in costume. However; IF I finish my scout by the time tpm is at the theater, i might consider doing it with a group of friends dressed as sw characters too. just for the lulz of it :P

Are we still looking for the Droids???? I thought that we just said we would say we were still looking for them. ;)

I will go to the movie in costume :)

Awesome idea about the droids :D

Edited by TK-2126_MD

Be advised that some (most?) stormtroopers can't sit down. So going to the cinema might be a problem, unless you want to stand for 2+ hours.

Also, as it's in 3D. You'd not be able to see the screen unless you take off your lid.

Personaly, I'd rather stand outside in the rain than sit down and watch the phantom menace.

Keep in mind that while this sounds like a good idea / funny, commercial places of business dont like people walking into their stores with their faces covered. its a security issue even for some official troops and most garrisons request permission first.

Remember when there were those masked Vader robberies last year? People dont forget those. Also remember that what you do in costume especially a TK represents the 501st legion whether its an official troop or not and your actions reflect those of a group.

Just my feedback.

Keep in mind that while this sounds like a good idea / funny, commercial places of business dont like people walking into their stores with their faces covered. its a security issue even for some official troops and most garrisons request permission first.

Remember when there were those masked Vader robberies last year? People dont forget those. Also remember that what you do in costume especially a TK represents the 501st legion whether its an official troop or not and your actions reflect those of a group.

Just my feedback.

I agree :)

Just my feedback.

i don't think most in general public even know aboot the 501st, imo. if non-fans see some strange behavior by a Stormtrooper or Darth Vader, their perception (either negative or positive) wouldn't have any effect on LFL, let alone the 501st. why would anyone bridge that gap? their only thoughts would be either, "what a douchbag, or HOLY FARG, a Stormtrooper."