TKC Lightsaber

legaleaglesurfer

Slightly off-topic, but I'm confused about this:

(from http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_hero)

Stormtrooper Lightsaber

The TK lightsaber should be as accurate, as seen in Ralph Mcquarrie’s concept illustrations for the movie script entitled: “Star Wars†or originally known as†The Star Wars†The lightsaber has a white or clear blade. It may be carried for informal events only.

Emphasis mine.

Isn't it kind of self-defeating to have that in the CRL? If it's an informal event, you could pretty much carry around whatever non-canon swag you want (if you're so inclined).

• 2 months later...

Not trying to start a new battle but has anyone ever actually created the white (non Starkiller) lightsaber? I have been lurking for a few days reading up on stuff while I try to talk the wife into letting me order my armor. that being said i have found this thread and just for the heck of it started designing the 3d models needed to print the various parts of the white saber on my 3d printer. I understand it would be purely optional but hey Idle hands are the devils playground. Is the Starkiller saber the one that everyone likes just because it's already out there or is there something I have missed about this saber design?

Not everyone likes it.

Somehow interesting, but alltogether it looks as if a drunken Padawan has build it from parts found on a scrapyard under some Bantha poodoo.

It´s crappy appearance makes it the least imperial/shiny looking saber i can imagine. Looks on a white trooper as a chromed helmet on a camouflaged GI - plain wrong.

Ed, the Starkiller saber or the Galen Marek saber is used by the TKC in the Force Unleashed game. It's not used because everyone likes it, as everyone has different tastes as far as sabers go otherwise every Jedi would have the same one.. The white one that your referring to is the one that is used as an optional weapon for ANH Hero build. Both of these sabers are not readily available like a FX saber, either the individual built it themselves or had it commisioned by a sabersmith. One of the reasons I went with a TKC build was the ability to carry a saber and the build looking very unique in a sea of white. If you plan on acquiring a saber for your build you could look into this.

If you want one commisioned.

https://www.facebook.com/nocturnearmory/

Or if you want to get items to build your own.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/

I love the saber that I got from Nocturne Armory, looks great and has a great feel to it. The Starkiller saber has a different look to it, but when I got it in my hands and really looked at it, it became one of my favorite sabers. My garrison really likes it as well. We have a Armored Starkiller in the garrison and he also has one that was built by Nocturne. There are many sabersmiths out there just like anything else make sure to ask questions and do your research.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

if anyones interested in the concept lightsarber.

https://www.saberfor...lade-lightsaber

sabreforge is a bad seller. please don't link his store.

I've said this before.

That's a matter of opinion. Some say he is great and some say his service leaves a lot to be desired. As Saberforge is not on our list of people to stay away from there is no problem with posting a link. It's best for people to do their own research before making a purchase.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's a matter of opinion. Some say he is great and some say his service leaves a lot to be desired. As Saberforge is not on our list of people to stay away from there is no problem with posting a link. It's best for people to do their own research before making a purchase.

I ordered from him. he waited 80 days until I had to make a paypal claim and get my refund.

took my order said 2 weeks tops.

80 days later I had no saber, and a refund.

I met the seller at wondercon 2010 and I ordered later in the year. he said he remembered our conversation

and STILL he did not produce his version of the white TK saber.

there are many people on lightsabre forums who list saberforge as a bad seller.

we're a TK group... we don't usually deal with saber makers.

I'd stay away from saberforge not only because of my personal experience... but because also from reading other saber related comments

about him taking people's money.

• 2 weeks later...

for the maine armour not including the helmet and hand plates, you could get the armour all RTOJ armour. i'm making a stormtrooper commander too. i was told that using the RTOJ armour is ok for 501st exseptins i hope this infermation helps. good luck :smiley-sw013: