SDS ARMOR?

Unless you are the EXACT size and shape of the armor, any pre-assembled armor is not going to fit you right and will need to be altered, anyway. Depending on your location, you may have local 501st members near you that would be able to assist in building the armor to YOUR size. Where in the UK are you?

Thing is guys i am really not a very practical person so i need to get something that i can buy and wear out of the box with no work involved... Sounds lazy i know but otherwise i will just ruin it.

I am the same mate, I was terrified that my skills..which were non-existent!!- would not be up to scratch. But really, it's not all that hard. :) Once you make a few small cuts and realise that it's pretty easy, you get right into it. I started off cutting little slivers in case I ruined something, now I measure what needs to come off and just lop of the lot at once.

It really comes down to confidence and a little experience more than skill. :)

Ok Steve , Troopermaster is here on the board just do some searching and message him and check out some TM BUILDS if you have not already mate ;) , if you get stuck the please PM me if you are going to join the UKG ;)

I live in Rugby in Warwickshire.... I will be hoping to join the UKG when i have everything and go trooping, but at the moment i have nothing.... I have wanted armor for an age but now really want to get it, but it seems to be a real minefield.... How do i contact Troopmaster to see his kits

Heres one of TM's Kits in 1mm ABS ;)

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Not promoting

I have an SDS armour kit and found the kit really easy to build with the instruction manual that comes with the kit, Their after sale service is really good. I think their kits are just as screen accurate as others on sale I mean its Andrew Ainsworth he made the the kits for the epIV, however if the cash is tight you may want to look around

Also the belt if you get an SDS kit come pre assembled with ABS belt you want to ask if this could be unassembled so you can make the canvas belt proper, although SDS are thinking of makeing the belt with canvas.

Personally, I just went with what was good for me. I bought an AM because I am 6' 1"/6' 2" and 93kg. It was also relatively cheap, and I just got a MTK helmet to go with it.

I know the AM is not really as screen-accurate as other makers but from my P.O.V it's great. Nice crisp pull, great detail. Maybe not 100% screen accurate, but I love it.

The TM is a kickass set of armour. But I say check out what's available and go with what you like the look/price of.

Having said that though...I would recommend TM as well. :lol:

Not promoting

I have an SDS armour kit and found the kit really easy to build with the instruction manual that comes with the kit, Their after sale service is really good. I think their kits are just as screen accurate as others on sale I mean its Andrew Ainsworth he made the the kits for the epIV, however if the cash is tight you may want to look around

Also the belt if you get an SDS kit come pre assembled with ABS belt you want to ask if this could be unassembled so you can make the canvas belt proper, although SDS are thinking of makeing the belt with canvas.

They might be easy to assemble, but hardly easier than any other maker (given the extra trimming of excess plastic) is hard to assemble. And no, they will never be as screen accurate as TM or RS once you know what to look for. Which is part of the point, which we all have to learn to live with, or we'd all say FX was screen accurate. No armour can be 100% screen accurate, but TM and RS get it the closest.

Guys the TM stuff that you have all been recommending does look pretty darn awesome... Reckon i will most likely go with that, also the communication from him is great ... really helpful!!!

:duim:

You will not regret it mate.