***I just scored a early Disney TK tour suit! ROTJ based........Complete.***

No doubt that makr will make an excellent work!! For exemple, his last ROTJ helmet (from CO molds).

It's funny too see that this armor looks as small as the rubies supreme armor (which is supposed derived from original source).

Maybe the model is very tall, or disney made some changements in order to make easier the movements of the troopers (just like the helmet for a better visibility)!

I think that owning a Disney suit is pretty cool in itself.

In the matter of armour, I thing the more sources and the clearer linage the better. So a modified Disney suit with ROTJ linage is better than a scratch build for example (when you're aiming at ROTJ).

The amour itself might be ugly, but I think it's great that you got it and that it has potential. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with it. :duim:

I can see it. Obviously it's difficult to see past the overly trimmed features to see the benefit of having the correct dimensions and proportions to use as a base. Yeah, there's a lot of detail lost around the edges and you're missing the areas that've been trimmed, however the contours of the original mold are still there, which is without a doubt going to put CFOs even closer in lineage than before. It's hard to focus on the good when you're slapped in the face with a display like above. Yeah, it's assembled and trimmed horribly, but other than that, in the right hands, you actually have something to work with. Hell, I think it was worth picking up for the shins alone, not to mention it is pretty cool just to own something like this regardless of how it measures up nowadays. Go for it Mark, can't wait to see how this pans out.

It definitely has potential. I just felt it was going to be too much work to cast it and have to extend all the parts then try and shape everything back to how it should be. That's why I didn't buy it when I had the opportunity.

Looking at the photos it is a nice suit and I hope it will be of some use to Mark.

Do I recall the helmet being made of fibreglass?

ah..this reminds me of back in 2007 when I almost bought a set of the Disney armor on the bay. It was without the helmet though. Don't remember what made me change my mind though.

From what I recall, the armor was trimmed just like yours, with the biceps and thighs being very 'short'.

Edited by littledragon88

• 3 months later...