January 2012 Newsletter

Shooter

FReppOh.png

egSzeo2.png

From The Detachment Leader

Beating The Trooping Off-Season Blues

Legion Elections: DashRazor Runs For FISD DL!

Trooper of the Month: Darth Aloha

Swag Alert!

oWguNzr.png

tR3UiG6.png

Greetings Troops! Legion elections start in just a few weeks and as such, now is as good as time as any to let everyone know that I'll not run for DL in 2012. FiSD has been an incredible journey for me: from our inauspicious start where I was wondering if I could convince 9 others to sign the application form to today, where we are the largest detachment in the Legion and are also - by raw membership - the largest unit in the Legion. Not surprising on one hand - with 2300+ TK's in the Legion we should be - but if you compare this to other detachments, stormtrooper costume counts are only holding steady while others like TB, TI, and IC are growing like gangbusters and could overtake us in the future.

As FISD has grown the time commitment to being at the helm has grown too. Even with a cracker-jack staff the hours one puts in are not for the faint of heart, or for someone not dedicated to fully serving the needs of our members. After some 5 years of this I need some well earned R&R. While I'll never fully leave FISD and will still participate in our community, it will be from the side-lines and someone else can have the big chair. :)

Thanks to everyone who's supported me and FISD through the years, and even to those that didn't support me but still supported FISD. :) If anyone is thinking about running for DL my advice is to start planning and getting a move on now, as it's not a role one can step in to without a deal of forethought. I also suggest people carefully think this over - it would be a shame for the greatness of FISD not to continue, so please only nominate people you think are able to lead FISD to a new direction while still preserving our core values that have made us successful.

Thanks all.

With unquestioned loyalty,

Paul C. Hoeffer

TK-8020 "Daetrin"

Detachment Founder

oWguNzr.png

If your Garrison is anything like mine, you are now in what I call the trooping “off-seasonâ€. The Christmas & New Year’s holiday troops are past, and there isn’t much going on in terms of trooping opportunities until springtime. What to do?!?

How about knocking out those costume upgrades that have been on the “I’ll eventually get around to it†list? If the idea of Expert Infantry or Centurion appeals to you, now is the perfect time to get your armor out of its bin and make those upgrades prior to the onset of trooping season. With Celebration 6 coming up this summer, you’ll definitely want to look your best.

Another idea is to start on an entirely new build. Whether you’re a Stormtrooper loyalist who is looking to take the next step (or grand leap) in armor, or if you’re looking to expand your costume repertoire and try a new costume, now is the time. While we all love our white armor, it’s also nice to have a secondary costume that allows for a greater degree vision and mobility, especially when you just want to hang out for a bit. A third option is to help grow the Legion, your Garrison, and your Detachment by bringing along a new Trooper. As most of us have observed at some point, the only thing cooler than a Stormtrooper is LOTS of stormtroopers!

Garrison armor parties are a great way to keep in touch with your Garrison mates, and at this point in my time with the 501st I actually derive more pleasure out of helping a prospective Trooper assemble his armor and earn his TKID than working on my own costume. Building my own kit is fun, but teaching/coaching brings a sense of fulfillment that is hard to describe. Whatever you choose, just because we’re in the offseason doesn’t mean that you have to be inactive. Get up from in front of the computer, break out your armor and tools, and get going!

Brian Robinson

TK-2918 "tkrestonva"

Provost Marshall

oWguNzr.png

Greeting Fellow Troopers,

Today, I am officially announcing my candidacy for the Detachment Leader of the FISD.

One of my goals as Detachment Leader will be to continue the forward direction of the White Armor Forum. Taking a look at the past few years at how the Forum has grown and matured gives me hope to my aspirations of what we can achieve in the year to come...

Currently the FISD has one of the most solid Staffs to date. With that in mind, I still will be looking towards expanding the staff in order to accomplish the goals I have in mind.

If I am nominated and elected as the FISD Detachment Leader, here are a few of my goals for 2012:

*Improved multi-lingual support

*Improved site functionality

*Expanding and improving the visual references for the costuming standards

If I am nominated, I will appreciate your support and vote in the upcoming election. If I am elected your new Detachment leader, please be assured that my door will always be open to any and all FISD members for their causes, concerns, and ideas.

Mason Carson

TK-4603 "Dashrazor"

Deployment Officer

Qz4537Z.jpg

oWguNzr.png

This month's well deserved Trooper of the Month is the FISD's resident Hawaiian funny man, Darth Aloha.

As many of you would be aware in the second half of 2011,http://www.whitearmor.net decided to revamp the reception centre and switch over to the more in depth and interactive wiki format. While RogueTrooper and his team crafted the CRL's Darth Aloha enthusiastically put his hand up to format and build the wiki based Reception Centre from scratch. Darth Aloha had a good year here on FISD under his belt, but had only just begun his official membership with the 501st when he burst out of nowhere with the offer of his skills, and he hasn't let up since. He has worked tirelessly and non-stop to get the Reception Centre up and running and make the FISD knowledge repository better than ever before.

In addition he somehow finds time to contribute constantly to the forums, in a meaningful and helpful way, offering advice, hard earned from his spectacular RT-Mod build, making new members feel welcome and always dishing out his inimitable brand of hilarious commentary to every aspect of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Department forums.

With his friendly and gregarious attitude Darth Aloha is exemplary of the Troopers Helping Troopers unofficial FISD motto and a truly deserving winner of this month's Trooper Of The Month Award.

Congratulations DarthAloha!

oWguNzr.png

Time is fast running out to order your 2012 FISD Calendar. Only a limited number have been made, and once gone, they are gone. Order today!

The 5th Anniversary 10" patch run is closed and items have been ordered. We should have those shipping in a few weeks. FISD trading cards are in stock and the for sale thread will go up soon. These are also in limited quanties and will be sold in fast packs of 50 and also larger packs of 300. (add picture)

I still have a chunk of EI gold coins - so if you are an EIB or Centurion recipient and haven't already purchased a gold coin, please do so. Only 20 left and when they are gone, there will never be another run.

Lastly, if you haven't ordered your trading cards, now is an excellent time to do so. Only a few slots remain for our inaugural design, and the pricing can't be beat!

oWguNzr.png

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor

Twitter: www.twitter.com/@FISD501st

Matt MacNeil

TK-4887 "Shooter"

Public Relations Officer

On behalf of the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff.

End Transmission.

poywUXV.png

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021