HWT - Not a TK?

Kade

Hi Guys

I'm working on getting some pieces together so that with a couple of additions (pauldron, ammo pouches and backpack) and a spare belt my standard ANH TK can be converted into a Heavy Weapons Trooper and I was surprised to see on the CRL that the HWT is listed as a TD????

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_hwt

Just wondering why that is? The armour isn't TD so how come the costume prefix isTD?

Cheers

It has to do with history. At one point they figured it was like a clean TD and so they called it a TD. Also, the costume was supposed to be under MEPD but they didn't want it, so we have it now.

While it would be nice to have it be a TK for consistancy, there is no perfect alignment between costume categories and detachments, e.g.

SL - covered by two detachments

IOC - covers several costumes (ID, IC, IN)

The Legion web team has too many irons in their fire to correct it, though I agree with you it should just be a TK.

Paul

yeah, there has been a lot of discussion about it. No one is willing to take on the job of transferring it to it's proper ID. All those profile photos would have to be changed as well as all the coding and ID changes to those peoples profiles.

could we just eleiminate the HWT all together and change "heavy wepons trooper" to the correct name "imperial shock trooper" ? and re-designate it as a TK:P ?

The only thing I see wrong with that is the Clone Shock Trooper. Even though the names are the same but different costumes it might just make a lot of confusion. I don't follow a lot of the games so I really didn't know about the HWT or the shock trooper name as it was. I just know it is kind of stupid having the HWT in the FISD yet it is labeled TD.

As you are painfully aware though. the Legion web team is not exactly flush with resources to do even the most minor work.

yup, which is why I backed off on that team.

I'm pretty busy at the moment but once the new semester gets underway perhaps I could offer my assistance if I have the time. If I'm able to do that who would I speak to?

• 2 months later...

i thought HWT were basically sandy type troopers, just specializing in other terrain besides sand..?

Basically the HWT A.K.A. Battle Front Shock Trooper is an ANH Stunt (it has the TK ab details and TK sniper knee plate, ribbed shoulder straps etc.) with a field pack, pauldron, and pouches similar to the Sandtroopers. Their weapon is primarily the Minimag PLT missile launcher, but uses other weapons, like the T-21, DLT-19 even the SE-14R in the game.

Here is a little synopsis, that I wrote for them:

Heavy Weapons Troopers ( A.K.A. Shock Troopers) are an elite unit of the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps, specializing in the use of various non-standard weapons and equipment. Their armor is extra heavy plated compared to the standard Stormtrooper armor. Some, equipped with rocket launchers, act as anti-vehicle units on the battlefield. They are trained to hit hard targets and to guard strategic locations. The Heavy Weapons Troopers operate as splinter units, backing up standard garrisons and fulfilling unique roles on the battlefield.

There were HWT TDs in ANH. To keep down some confusion, I wish we would change the name to Shock Trooper as it is in the Battle Front game (where this trooper is from). Or maybe Shock Stormtrooper, either way STK......