Help with assembling ATA Helmet

And for filling in "spaced" ear gaps, I reccomened white tub and tile silicone in a squeeze tube like plumbing supply or Home Depot type stores sell. Won't shrink, dries very easily and smooth, can be worked into place with a wet finger, and is fully paintable. I used it on my wonky ears, and it blended them perfectly. I posted finished pics of my helmet in a few discussions on FISD...not too hard to find.

Just a helpful hint, if you want smooth, flush, blended in ear caps. Some don't like them, and some do. Personal choice. Hope this helps. Anyways, here's a link to my final helmet pic.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=3011

Sincerely,

NewTrooper2

Edited by NewTrooper2

I did the same with mine. I botched one of my ears and then decided to flush the ear to the helmet, eliminating the seam. I really like the look of it. But I went for an idealized look as opposed to screen accurate. It is all personal taste.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

right ear trimmed and installed, such a pain! i drilled three times before getting the best fit

without ears my helmet would look like a groviera cheese :D

-----------

now it's almost ready to get painted and stickers applied

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 4 weeks later...

Thats why my AP helmet kits come with premarked holes, this simplifies the assembly quite a bit, people can still drill new holes to position ears and face plates to there prefference, but having premarked holes they have a good base to work with, my ear pieces also come with marked lines and with just a bit of sanding here they fit pretty good.

Mark

Thats why my AP helmet kits come with premarked holes, this simplifies the assembly quite a bit, people can still drill new holes to position ears and face plates to there prefference, but having premarked holes they have a good base to work with, my ear pieces also come with marked lines and with just a bit of sanding here they fit pretty good.

Mark

yep, i remember that, it was much easier to assembly

• 4 months later...

this month i finally had time to finish to assembly my ATA armor

actually at this time i am working on the helmet, armor and pvc blaster, included arduino electronic inside

this is the helmet update

------------

i stil have to paint vocoder, add lenses, add the button on ears

to paint the vocoder i will apply a mask and use spray gloss black

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 1 year later...
On 10/24/2013 at 9:19 AM, Darth Ramsey said:

To me the problem seems to be that your face plate to low. If you could remove ears and rivets, then position the face plate to where the eyes are just below brow trim it would fit the ears a lot better. 

I think the brow is fine. In ANH the brows were higher on some of the stunts.  This shot shows off the sexy face plate. B)  Oh I almost forgot, Welcome Will. :)

----------

I am am big fan of the low brow, but when it comes to the stunt helmets the higher brow is it for me. 

Edited by gmrhodes13