Weird Al's last show...

TK-4261

Hey Troops,

I was lucky to be chosen for Weird Al's last show at the Greek Theater on Oct. 20th.

This was my second event and it was a blast. Everyone was very cool, I wasn't able to stay for the after party with Al cause I had a long drive and had to work the next day :( But it was still awesome.. :dance:

Here is the link to the Youtube video I posted, I'm the 4th Trooper from the left.

Here are a few pics of all of us in the dressing room and backstage.

All the way to the left.

KvkxnKm.jpg

Where's TK-4261 ?

MeprrYo.jpg

Curtis :D

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

It was awesome, It was a full house.

Curtis :D

Here is a quote form his blog after the tour. Nice works for the 501st:

End Of The Tour

Yes, the 2007 Straight Outta Lynwood Tour has finally come to a close. We traveled over 80,000 miles and performed 119 shows in the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. I've seen a million faces, and I've rocked… well, a reasonable percentage of them.

I want to thank everybody who came out to a show this year, whether you were a crazy tour-chaser, a newbie or a confused Kenny G fan. You guys made it all worthwhile. And I especially want to extend a huge thank you to all the fine members of the 501st Legion who joined me on a number of tour dates dressed in their finest Star Wars regalia. The funny thing is, every single one of those stormtroopers acted like I was doing them the biggest favor in the world by letting them perform on stage with me, when in fact the exact opposite was true.

I'm happy to say that I have absolutely no plans at the moment, other than spending some time with my family. I may or may not tour next year – I haven't really decided yet. And I'm sure I'll start working on the next album at some point, but right now I just want to slip into a coma for a few weeks.

I'm glad that everybody enjoyed the Biography special – big thanks to Seth Green, Drew Carey, Judy Tenuta, Ben Folds and all my other friends who were a part of it. If you missed the show because you don't get the Biography Channel, don't worry – A&E is supposed to air it on November 18 (early Sunday morning – set your DVR!)

And I know that my old music videos are all over the Internet anyway, but since I'm always striving to be redundant, I uploaded a bunch of them to my YouTube page for your perusal and amusement.

My one year anniversary on MySpace has come and gone… over 600,000 close, personal friends in the first 12 months – not bad! Thanks, everybody, for keeping in touch. See you at the next picnic!

Al

Wow, it's been almost 11 months... those guys really need to take off those Rose Parade patches. :rolleyes:

And no, it's not a jealousy thing, cuz I was there.

I do not wish to step on any toes, but why? I know they are not "cannon," but they are much more. They are a symbol of honor. I may no even have my suit yet, but I still wear my Portland Rose Festival Parade patch on my ACUs from when I returned from Iraq. One First Sergeant told me to take it off, but when the Batallion Commander asked the 1SG if he had to take his off as well, the 1SG left it alone.

I know, I am probably speaking out of place, but it is the way I feel about things such as that. I mean, how many of you went to that? It was probably the majority of the 501st, from what I saw on the television at the convention center. That is a huge bragging rite for the 501st!

But, this is just my opinion.

Only 200 of the well over 3000 members got the opportunity to go. It was a sore point for a lot of members because they didn't get picked, thought there were conspiracies behind it, and so on. I took mine off after doing one convention with them on.

Yes, they are something to be proud of, but not something you want to keep shoving in people's face.

Only 200 of the well over 3000 members got the opportunity to go. It was a sore point for a lot of members because they didn't get picked, thought there were conspiracies behind it, and so on. I took mine off after doing one convention with them on.

Yes, they are something to be proud of, but not something you want to keep shoving in people's face.

*lol* that discussion sounds very, very familiar ;) who cares, noone knows how people were chosen and the parade is over for almost one year already. There are always events that you'd like to do but can not attend because of various reasons.

I admit:

I was jealous of those who could attend Celebration 3

I was jealous of the rose paraders

I was jealous of those who were able to troop with Al

BUT

I am happy for those who were at those events

I am happy that they wrote such great mission reports and posted them

I am happy that I can do other troops that are as great and awesome as the above mentioned

If there is another possibility to troop with Weird Al then please greet him from me and tell him to come to Europe (and maybe ask him for an autograph :lol: )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...