Glitch

• Name = Sean May
  • TK ID = 5092
  • Garrison = Redback

ANH Stunt:

• Armor: MM (garrison member)
  • Helmet: MM (garrison member)
  • Blaster: Modified Hasbro
  • Boots: Stormtrooper Replica off ebay (ask me for a link)
  • Belt: canvas hand made(garrison member fx guy)
  • Neck seal: Inbuilt in undersuit (garrison member APOK)
  • Holster: Buffalo Leather (garrison member)
  • Handplates: not latex/rubber...
  • Gloves: Nomex
  • Mic Tips: garrison member
  • Lenses: Triktoys

Pics below, If theres anything specific about my armour you want to see, here's a link to my Flickr sets

http://www.flickr.co...86192@N08/sets/

Check out the Armour progress, and EIB Sets for pics of my armour, ​If i've forgotten anything let me know!

Front

6592131535_4a3a6beb60_b.jpg

Back (sorry about the wonky ab/kidney, my brother didnt tell me it wasn't straight when i put it on, i can re-take photos of it straightened if its that important... sigh)

6592126675_31160c15c5_b.jpg

Left Side

6592128653_6863766e25_b.jpg

Right Side

6592123821_29635a00b5_b.jpg

Mic Tips

6592099463_eb8963fb13_b.jpg

Helmet - Front

6592107237_e721f61105_b.jpg

Helmet - Side

6592105771_7c183c7979_b.jpg

Helmet - Back

6592103145_6b68609c37_b.jpg

Belt

6592117241_596fb6864d_b.jpg

Drop Boxes

6592101803_bdd3a7ab90_b.jpg

Det with 1 inch wide aluminium clips

6592118859_8ef44a78cd_b.jpg

Snap - Right Upper Ab plate

6592100349_6b7b37ea27_b.jpg

6x 9mm Rivets - White

6592108565_125444070d_b.jpg

Blaster

6592110321_c27bd8d3bd_b.jpg

6592111869_f4d4c95c69_b.jpg

6592113487_dd174fbb8e_b.jpg6592115053_7a9eedc27a_b.jpg

Finally, my action pose!

6592120659_986bfd0d8d_b.jpg

I can't remember if it will affect EIB or not, but, in the back, your shins need to close toward the inside.

The armor is really nice, though and it fits you well! Good luck!

If that is the case, then thats an easy swap from left to right and vice versa

so i have to find slot head screws, get the curves on my vocoder and fix up my shins? silly that none of these things are listed in the CRL...

Do i get bonus points if i can kneel?

6597561777_941b4e5b75_b.jpg

6597560105_c68429a138_b.jpg

Edited by Glitch1702

great looking build!! i wish i could kneel like that :P

the ear screws and vocoder could be fixed but both are minor issues and will not effect your EIB, but if you wanted to apply for centurion i would require them to be fixed. i would also like to see a pic of the helmet with the lenses illuminated. ;)

the only major problem is the shin assembly. your shins are on the correct legs but the molded cover strip on the back is on the wrong side.

4330845442_775b396312.jpg

there was a discussion and vote on this issue in the 501st section http://forum.whitear...showtopic=17887 and it was also in the latest newsletter http://forum.whitear...showtopic=18046

the requirements for this style of shin are as follows:

The greaves (shins) shall be on the proper legs, with a new cover strip. The cover strip edge shall be facing the inside of the leg.

here is a tutorial on fixing this problem http://forum.whitear...showtopic=16608

basically you just need to put the molded cover strip on the inside and add a new cover strip to make a correct overlap. its a pretty simple fix :) and be aware that your shins are on the correct legs and do not need to be switched ;)

Here is a little diagram that should help you with you shins. I will be adding it to the AM style tutorial...

shinhelp1.jpg

Is the AM shins rear cover strip a necessity for EIB and Centurion now? I thought it was just Centurion, but I'm still waiting on getting my digits, so I can't ready any of the member stuff yet.

simple fix??? i have to get all my damn tools back out... and find a way to remove the velcro which is superglued on there..

and whats the deal with seeing the back illuminated lenses??

simple fix??? i have to get all my damn tools back out... and find a way to remove the velcro which is superglued on there..

and whats the deal with seeing the back illuminated lenses??

the back illuminated lens shot is simply to show that the lenses are green tinted. like so

IMG_1038.JPG

as for removing the velcro,, i know it will be a bit of extra work but running it under hot water could make it easier. and adding the new cover strip will cover any glue residue ;)

Is the AM shins rear cover strip a necessity for EIB and Centurion now? I thought it was just Centurion, but I'm still waiting on getting my digits, so I can't ready any of the member stuff yet.

adding the cover strip is the only way to make the overlap correct. the shins fall into having correct armor assembly for base 501st, EIB and Centurion.

here is the details from the latest poll

There is also a major assembly problem with the AM/FX style greaves/shins armor that affect all levels of the requirements. Please look at tutorial HERE

Note: This may be added to the base requirements.

*The AM greaves (shins) shall be on the proper legs, with a new cover strip. The cover strip edge shall be facing the inside of the leg.

Calm down mate. No one is making you try for EIB. The things that have been pointed out to you are the standard for getting your EI badge. That's the whole point. To make your armour more SA than a standard set of armour. People are only trying to help you. You need to post a pic of your lenses so we can see that they are the correct type and colour. Just like every other EIB had to. All of these points are written in the EI application thread. The build is looking great. Just a couple of tweeks and it will be worth it.

Mason beat me to it.

Edited by matt black

Thanks Mason! I actually usued the overlap method on the back sides of my shins. The molded strip, being on the inside, so they are facing the correct way, but I can easily remove the molded strip and use that as my cover strip. I left that as an open option, and seeing that my velcro was stuck on using E6000, all I need to do is apply a bit of heat and/or pressure to pull the existing velcro off. Easy fix... Good luch Glitch! I'm hopefully right behind you!

uhh do they have to be green? mine aren't... but i can make them green relatively easily..

and i cant get the superglue off.

post-15745-0-03391800-1325298217_thumb.jpg

post-15745-0-42910400-1325298234_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glitch1702

yes that is a base requirement for all 501st stormtroopers not just EIB ;) most folks use a welders lens (tinted face shield) or acetate film over the lens

from the CRL http://www.501st.com...ng:TK_anh_stunt

Lenses are flat material, green in color, sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumer's eyes.

All here to help out mate.

If you want the screws give me a bell I might have some screws left if not I know where to get them.

Shins is a pretty easy fix, if you can't do it I will be having an AP later in January.

Lenses I didn't notice yours at the AP the other day, I am sure that someone here has some spare welders mask to get a couple of lenses from, I might have some here will check my box of goodies.

Don't get discouraged mate, we all want to help you out. I forgot my TD in my submission photos and had to wait a while till I got the correct ears for my hero helmet, and I had to fix a few little things and it took a while. Don't rush it take your time.

^AP sounds really good, i cannot be bothered hacking away at my shins to fix them up right now, and sorry guys its just really bugging me that i paid so much for some of this stuff and it just doesn't turn out to be good enough by such tiny details... i thought i was all done and dusted, i even have 2 snaps and a split rivet on the crotch tab and its like "your shins are messed up and you aren't allowed to see clearly out of your lenses. the world of a stormtrooper is entirely green and no other colour." what the hell.^

So here's my helmet with the green lenses i got with the kit in. they are soft green ones, but i really like my hard dark lenses because i can see out of them so much better...

post-15745-0-12970900-1325311602_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glitch1702

^AP sounds really good, i cannot be bothered hacking away at my shins to fix them up right now, and sorry guys its just really bugging me that i paid so much for some of this stuff and it just doesn't turn out to be good enough by such tiny details... i thought i was all done and dusted, i even have 2 snaps and a split rivet on the crotch tab and its like "your shins are messed up and you aren't allowed to see clearly out of your lenses. the world of a stormtrooper is entirely green and no other colour." what the hell.^

So here's my helmet with the green lenses i got with the kit in. they are soft green ones, but i really like my hard dark lenses because i can see out of them so much better...

post-15745-0-12970900-1325311602_thumb.jpg

Sean

I’ve got a question for you mate, and please don’t take this the wrong way…OK?

Why do you want to go for EIB?

Prestige?, Kudos amongst your Garrison mates?, or to show that you have

attained an above average standard for your armour by getting it closer to a

more screen accurate appearance?

The advice people are giving you here as been posted to HELP you, but you seem

to be more content to throw a strop because things don’t seem to be going YOUR

way.

Mate, if you can’t be bothered to “hack away’ at your shins, or have the correct

green lens in your helmet, then don’t!!. Just carry on as you are, it’s your armour

you can run , jump, kneel, roll on the floor or even do a crazy dance on YouTube

that’s entirely up to you. No one forces anyone to go for EIB or Centurion.

If you just want to have a ‘laugh’ and ‘some fun’ but you’re not really too bothered

about how accurate it looks, then feel ya boots mate. But if you want to be recognized

as someone who has gone that extra mile and put some time and effort in to their costume

then surely it’s not too much to ask to meet the standard recognized criteria for this accolade.

Sean, if you’re serious about your costume and genuinely want to make it more screen accurate

then dig around, do some research, take a look at the originals and decide just how far you’d

like to go with it. If you just want to go for EIB, fine, do the same. Look at all the EIB submissions

to get an idea of what may be needed or not. All the information is here, it’s just a question of

looking for it. Simple really.

Good luck with whatever you decide mate

:salute:

ummm... i think you guys are misunderstanding, i'm not angry at you or anything and what i meant by " i cannot be bothered hacking away at my shins to fix them up right now" is that i have a lot of stuff on right now with summafieldayze and new years, so i don't have the time to do anything with my shins...

now that i have the green lenses in, i just have to fix up the shins right? any advice on how to remove the superglue effectively from my velcro?

and to answer your question Billhag, i'm going for EIB because i spent a lot of time going for EIB from the very beggining and put a lot of extra detail and effort into my costume, but im only going for EIB right now, because the Centurion would take me quite a bit longer to do, and cost a lot more because i'd need a non-hasbro blaster.

Ok, now i've had some time to get rid of the tonnes of glue on my shins, how do i cover strip it? do i glue it straight on? or do i do it like a butt join but with velcro on one side as in the pictures earlier?

I just don't see how the velcro would hold well on only half an inch of coverage...

post-15745-0-77656700-1325907787_thumb.jpg

post-15745-0-41087400-1325908526_thumb.jpg

post-15745-0-89737500-1325908531_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glitch1702