[Sold][For Auction] Complete MTK ESB Helmet for JDRF

Daetrin

All,

The ohter day I took my kids to see a gingerbread village display created by architects and chefs to help raise money for JDRF (Juvenille Diabetes Research Foundation) (http://gingerbreadvillage.myevent.com/). They asked for a $5 donation per person.

It reminded me that JDRF is the unofficial charity of choice here on FISD (as we can't have official ones), and we've raised money in the past for JDRF via coins, or when people want to donate money to FISD we point them to JDRF.

Why JDRF you may ask? First as it's a wholly worthwhile charity that does much to help young kids with a horrible disease. Second and more personally, our first Deployment Officer Scott Magerfleish is a Type I diabetic and the first charity raising we did was JDRF. Diabetes runs in my family (my Gran was Type I, my Dad is Type II, guess where I'm headed...), and so I had a certain sympathy as well.

In the sprirt of Christmas, and in the spirit of putting my money where my mouth is, I'm offering up a beautiful, complete MTK ESB helmet for auction.

This is normally a $245 item if you buy direct from Mike. Photos of this beauty are here: http://s767.photobucket.com/albums/xx316/flyinghome/Items%20for%20Sale/

IMG_3433.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

If you are interested, just reply with your bid amount. Highest bid after 2 weeks wins the helmet.

One of my best mates, who is not only one of my band's crew, but he's part of my wedding in April, found out he has diabetes just before Thanksgiving 2011. He had two toes removed and they had to cut his leg open to remove some of the infection. He walked for the fist time since November, last week. May they find a cure soon!

Yup, should be closed. When I said shipping was included I hadn't thought about International. In the spirit of giving, would you be willing to bump up your bid by a bit to cover the delta?