Mold acquisitions from TE2

These are my acquisitions from TE2, I bought them about a year ago but now am ready to go public about it.

aZHyTez.jpg

Photo courtesy of TE2.

The vac forming molds are from the TE HDPE runs from a couple years back, and the foam helmet is the print from the SFS Dave M helmet scan that fathered the TE SFS fiberglass helmet which fathered the LAWS helmet.

A big thanks to Tony for selling these to me over other interested parties.

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

At times I forgot you had them. I think it would be helpful to explain what you feel this provides over the mold you already have. An interesting discussion, to be sure.

Its great that you have the originals but with so many helmets out there including your ATA, I wonder why you would bother to get them. I am with everyone else here...other than the 2nd and 3rd generation lineage , how do these compare with your other molds?

No. I believe they were taken from a TE bumpy and cleaned up a bit. TE2 later designated them the SFS, though they were never made from the actual SFS foam helmet.

You are half right. The dome is a Brian R stunt with the traps sharpened and a little of the brow damage filled in. The face plate you are referring to TE2 still has, it's sometimes called the TE2 short. The molds I have TE2 never pulled on and they are the same molds used in the TE HDPE runs of 2007 and 2008 which TE called SFS helmets although many suspected and were proved right that the dome was a Brian R and not a SFS.

I bought this lot mainly for the foam helmet. I've been trying to get a SFS glass helmet for years and even bought one that another country's post was nice enough to loose. Now with the foam helmet I can offer one piece SFS helmets that are resin for a fraction of the fiberglass helmets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2011 at 7:13 AM, troopermaster said:

No. I believe they were taken from a TE bumpy and cleaned up a bit. TE2 later designated them the SFS, though they were never made from the actual SFS foam helmet.

Agreed, as a matter of fact the TE2 Tantive IV I build a year ago is coming from this "SFS" molds except the cap and back that is coming from the original Brian R. I never understood myself why this facemask was called SFS.

-----------

Cheers

A

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

A big thanks to Tony for selling these to me over other interested parties.

Very cool... and yes, big thanks to "T"! not only for this, but for just being a downright awesome dude!! :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

The rotocast maching is being built as we speak (not by me), the motors finally arrived at the builders last week. A resin TK helmet will weight more than a vac formed plastic one but all the clone helmets are resin.