confused about blue tube stripes

I'm a little confused on this issue. I have seen the OT at least 500 times per each movie and have tons and tons of pictures from them and I've never noticed any blue tube stripes. Now I'm not saying they aren't there, if most of you believe in them then I'm sure you are right but for the life of me I can't see them in the movies and cannot find a picture with blue stripes.

Can someone post some screen caps of visible blue stripes?

Or am I just totally blind on this subject?

I'm a little confused on this issue. I have seen the OT at least 500 times per each movie and have tons and tons of pictures from them and I've never noticed any blue tube stripes. Now I'm not saying they aren't there, if most of you believe in them then I'm sure you are right but for the life of me I can't see them in the movies and cannot find a picture with blue stripes.

Can someone post some screen caps of visible blue stripes?

Or am I just totally blind on this subject?

Hi Darrel,

If you go to the following site: www.starwarshelmets.com

then click on real props

then click on Stormtroopers

then click on ANH

Scroll down to the close up shots of the actual helmets in the display cases and you will clearly see that the tube stripes are a blue color and not black, however most screen caps show up as black.

Hope this helps.

Yes star wars helmets.com have great screen caps and great pic's of original props... Here is one of my story's about noticable tube stripes to those who know...The last time I was at LFL doing a troop, there was one fellow wearing an FX helmet with the ussual black tube stripes that it comes with, and our contact and handler GL provided us with pointed out that the black tube stripes were indeed wrong which was for me would have been kind of embarrasing...good thing I had the correct Blue shade of tube stripes B)

They are on the side tubes of the helmet starting near the frown under the tear drops and head towards the ears, typically any helmet will have between 0 and 16 stripes, all blue :duim:

ONhmpO7.jpg

iRMCijq.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

They are on the side tubes of the helmet starting near the frown under the tear drops and head towards the ears, typically any helmet will have between 0 and 16 stripes, all blue :duim:

As far as I know all ANH Stormtroopers have about 11-14 stripes in blue. The one in the photo above is the only one I know that has no stripes and I think they just forgot to paint them on the tube.

www.starwarshelmets.com is a great reference site.

Guest Bezerkus
Peregrinus said:
Doesn't he have them on the other side, though?

--Jonah

Nope, and he's everywhere... :blink:

This almost makes leaving stripes off your bucket possible when going for elite status ;)

I'm really surprised we don't already or at least I have'nt seen anyone sport the "no stripes" look yet. That's something I'd actually like to do eventually. I'd also agree with the idea that these "no stripe" characters are in fact noobs. Those guys certainly appear often enough to demand a legit 501st variation IMO.

I'm really surprised we don't already or at least I have'nt seen anyone sport the "no stripes" look yet. That's something I'd actually like to do eventually. I'd also agree with the idea that these "no stripe" characters are in fact noobs. Those guys certainly appear often enough to demand a legit 501st variation IMO.

I believe thats the same helmet shot in different scenes :unsure:

No doubt, but the fact that it was re-used so often with no attempt to fix the "problem" would lead me to believe that those stripes might've been left out purposefully.

Yeah, who knows, I wish we could get a definative answer :unsure:

Actually, I've seen a couple people go with the no stripes look. One of them was here when we did Star Wars Weekends in Orlando this year.

I believe thats the same helmet shot in different scenes :unsure:

I don't think the same stripe-less guy could have been present for each of those altercations. One was blasting at Han, for example, whilst another was blasting at Luke and Leia. So the same realworld prop was being used to depict different troopers in different situations, just like the "Look, sir, droids" guy is also at the Mos Eisley checkpoint with different kit. I'm almost tempted to do ten or eleven on one side and none on the other, just to shake things up, but with no screen evidence of such, that stays in the idea bin.

--Jonah

I don't think they were left out on purpose. Else it would be more than one trooper like this. Perhaps though, it could be just an "easter egg".

I don't think they were left out on purpose. Else it would be more than one trooper like this. Perhaps though, it could be just an "easter egg".

Yeah, I don't think it was done on purpose either, you all have to remember that the original star wars was sort of a low budget film :unsure:

Hell of a continuity gaffe, though. Isn't there someone on set assigned ot make sure these things are right? Shouldn't he have been bumped ot the back of the shot in favour of another trooper with stripes? But they gave him lines in ANH. Foreground focus. No one noticed this while setting up the shot?

--Jonah

Funny thing about the backward stripes, I had that same problem on my first helmet back in the day. :( The feeling of stupidity when I noticed it was overwhelming. :lol:

Back to the topic at hand, look closely at the films; they were blue throughout. Even the continuity-ignoring SE add in troops have it right.

Funny thing about the backward stripes, I had that same problem on my first helmet back in the day. :( The feeling of stupidity when I noticed it was overwhelming. :lol:

Back to the topic at hand, look closely at the films; they were blue throughout. Even the continuity-ignoring SE add in troops have it right.

thats true Seth, thanks for pointing that out :salute: all the visible SE troopers have the right stripes on their helmets :unsure: hmmm kind of makes you wonder what was really trying to be conveyed here :unsure: