Best wireless mic?

Well the Memorex that Jim sells works, but I had some signal issues. IE, I placed the mic/transmitter in the back of my bucket and the receiver in my back piece. If I stand up straight it works. But if I move my head down, it loses signal and breaks up. At that point, I chose just to run the mic/wire down my neckpiece. But doing that I too run into the issue of the mic falling down like you.

I may fiddle around with it but I think the biggest issue is that the antenna on the receiver was not extended.

I'll let you know what I find out from my tests.

If you're having issues with the mic staying in place, use a little surgical tape and tape the wire to your face.

Or you can wear a faceless balaclava and put that over the mic strap and it'll hold it in place better.

Oh, you could also permanently fix the mic to the inside of your helmet and then you'd not need to worry.

Remember that with a wireless mic comes the addition of another battery to worry about.

You could go with a wireless setup, or you could simply hide the wire under the neckseal or (like Ricky said) under a balaclava. As was also said, it also means extra equipment (power, bulk, etc.).

If the wired mic is falling off, perhaps you aren't giving enough slack to the cord in order to move your head freely. I also use an Aker/iComm setup, and that's the only circumstance in which I've had the mic come off my head.

I might do the balaclava myself. The mic has a VERY flexible boom and thus it bends quite nicely, enough that it falls off my mouth all the time. I wouldn't want to do tape myself, due to skin/sweat. But balaclava would work.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought one off Amazon, I think it's an olympus brand... works pretty good. Better than the wireless that I bought from Jim. :/ Sorry Jim buddy.

Any other info on this product, Jesse? (Not bailing on your mic setup yet, Jim - just checking it out. LOL)

No problem guys. I am always open to new ideas and new products.

Actually, I am working with Aker put out a amp that has built in wireless mic. I hope to have it out I'm the next 6 months.

You tease! :-)

I'd be down if it pans out. Keep us updated! :)

• 7 months later...

I reached this thread via the iComm website. I assume that this is a dead thread and nothing has come of your plans, Jim or are you close?

Actually, it could be available in the next few months. The current version is too big for armor but i am hoping i can talk them into sliming it down some...

• 1 month later...

Actually, it could be available in the next few months. The current version is too big for armor but i am hoping i can talk them into sliming it down some...

So my RT will be here around the beginning of December, how is this coming along for you? :smiley-sw013:

• 7 months later...

Hi guys just thinking I use a scala cardo ( there are cheaper ones around )rider com on my motorbike links up to four riders,phone,mp3 and the radio if it could be linked to a speaker you've done it batt last round 8 hours even more that's 8 hours with the music going all day voice active as well and could be fitted in the inside at the back of the bucket

• 1 month later...