My first troop

TrooperVenger

Hi all. Just got back from my first troop and all I can say is "Wow".

Walking out in TK armour to see a swarm of people Christmas shopping was a bit daunting at first, but then you see their eyes light up and the smiles. It's incredible.

I swear I posed for "Over 9000" photos. At first I was smiling at the camera, giving a menacing scowl, then realized I had a helmet on and nobody could see my face.

The store was far bigger than I thought it would be, but that was a good thing as there were LOADS of people all over the place.

I was the 'silent trooper' for most of the troop as my Rom F/X and microphone decided not to do what I wanted so I just had to do some hand gestures.

Also whilst wearing armour you can get away with saying stuff you wouldn't normally say - nothing rude - but when else could you tell someone to get on their knees and put their hands on their head. Oh and the ladies LOVE a guy in uniform. ;)

Sadly I don't have any pics to post as I didn't manage to take any. I'll ask the other members that trooped with me if they took any and if they did I'll update here.

Armour will need some mods here and there but nothing major.

I'm just glad to be home now so I can actually sit down for the first time since 11am.

Edited by TrooperVenger

I've been trooping since June and I still make the "yeah" face with your eyebrows looking mean. Then I too realize the lid's on. Wait till you get that com system working and you get your first..."IT TALKS!"

Congatulations, Bud! Welcome to a new world!

Edited by gazmosis

Also whilst wearing armour you can get away with saying stuff you wouldn't normally say - nothing rude - but when else could you tell someone to get on their knees and put their hands on their head. Oh and the ladies LOVE a guy in uniform. ;)

Yes, we do! Good job trooper!

Here's a couple of photos. Loads of photos were taken but the group I was with didn't have the photographer, but no matter. Enough photos were taken by the public.

Please ignore the 'armour errors' They will be fixed before the next one.

Full credit goes to the photographer.

217.jpg

I'm in the middle.

216.jpg

172.jpg

142.jpg