Got my first troop tomorrow.

TrooperVenger

Tomorrow marks a 'special' day as it is my first troop and therefore my induction.

It's at a store called 'John Lewis' and we will be wandering around the toy department,

I've given my armour the once over before tomorrows event and I'm already thinking "Damn these shins! Stop riding up off my boots!"

Then I'm thinking "Are my biceps too high or too low? I hope these shoulder bells stay in place"

I guess it's normal to worry.

Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post for you all to see tomorrow.

I'll also be taking some trading cards to possibly sign for people if they want one.

Congrats man! I had a blast on my first troop (just in October).

My unsolicited tip - bring a little repair kit. I brought very small quantities of duct tape, zip ties, super glue, Velcro, scissors, etc. and it turned out I needed it for a couple small tweaks. On my second troop (a parade) I put about three, four inch strips of black gaffer's tape around my left wrist right over my glove and that came in handy when one of my drop boxes decided to pop off it's snap plate!

For your troop if you just keep a little kit with your gear you should be good.

Have fun and post some pics afterwards!

Edited by James

Ricky , your luv it mate , i remember my first troop , thinking ohh are the shins ok are the biseps right , but to be truthfull if there is not or any other parts of your armour that dont feel right its great for testing out and then you can make adustments , iam still doing it now after all the troops i have done always tinkering , but the main thing is enjoy the day and lap it all up , you will be buzzing , let us know how you get on mate ;)

That first troop is something special for sure. Hope you have someone taking LOTS of pictures cause it is a event you will want to remember again and again! And the pictures also serve a purpose to see if that "bicep or shin really was as out of place as I thought" so you can start making those little tweaks. :)

Good Luck Trooper! :salute:

Edited by necron999

I've done several troops now in just a month lol and have one tomorrow (xmas parade) and I can tell you this:

My first troop, I walked funny because of armor bite heh. My 2nd troop my thigh fell down (and had to have Han Solo stick his hand in there and fix it, picture WAS taken! ack) My 3rd troop my biceps twisted around entirely and looked really stupid heh. On my last troop one of my fans cut out, I ended up with a ton of sweat in my bucket that poured out.

My point! Don't worry! Things happen to (most) of us. It will you too. But it will be the most fun you'll ever have!

And as stated, bring that repair kit. I have a little 5 dollar toolbox with some velcro, scissors, my hot glue gun and glue, a leatherman, battery operated dremel with bits. Extra batteries, wire, a 2nd mic, glue, tape, etc. Already has come in handy!

You will do fine. As it was said, it doesn't matter what happens to you, people and kids are gonna go nuts and you will get asked to take pictures a LOT! Stick with other troopers and you will learn a lot of good tips and tricks, both in and out of armor.

Good luck and post picts when you get some!!

Nothing like your first couple of hours in your armor to let you know why needs to be tweaked. During my first two hour troop I was constantly adding to the mental list of what I had to fix when I got home. After that initial adjustment, I was good to go from then on. Good luck, you'll love it. And remember... Chicks dig armor!