Blasters in Canada

Mongoose

So, with our nasty gun laws what are the regulations for carrying a replica "blaster" that has never been a real firearm? I know a while back it was damn near impossible to get even airsoft rifles shipped past our border, but I thought that the laws had relaxed a little, seeing as I have seen very realistic airsoft rifles come through lately.

Advice?

That's a good question, and you may get a more complete answer from someone in your local garrison. Maybe it's different in Canada, but in the U.S. gun laws are very state/county/city focused - what's permissible (and even commonplace) in one locality will get you a felony prison sentence in another. :o

If you haven't already, I'd sign up on your local garrison forum and ask it there. :)

• 2 months later...

You won't have any trouble Trooping with a Blaster with your Garrison. However, if you show up at a Wal-mart unannounced and start threatening people with it, that's a different story ;)

Doopydoo's will ship to Canada no problem, as it's a model kit, but you'll have no chance of getting a deactivated Sterling shipped here, or even Hyperfirm's for that matter.

There is a place in Regina where you can get Sterling parts, but your looking in the $1500-$2000 for a complete one.

Lol at Wal-mart, yeahh I was thinking in a resin , rubber or plastic kit, nothing of a deactivated gun of sorts, I live in new Brunswick so= could be a doopy's kit which seem really good , do you know what other options there are here in Canada, is there any one producing blasters here or other makers or kits that can be imported?

Hey Oso not sure where you can find one in Canada. I found mine on Ebay. It's a good looking ESB blaster but I don't think it's 100% screen accurate. I'm going to get the TM armor up to Centurion and then worry about the blaster. It looks awesome from a distance though!

Good luck!

Not much available in Canada, most guys mod hasbro's or do pipe builds.

Honestly, stay away from importing pre-built blasters, it's not that it's impossible, it's just risky.

Matt