Well I'm having trouble sitting down, I'm not sure if this is a problem in all suits, but I was wondering if that's something you can do in the suit. I'm not sure if I should trim my thighs more or what, so I need help. thanks! Also, I will post pics tomorrow if necessary.

I have no trouble sitting in mine. What I do is try to position myself so my weight is heaviest at the gap between cod and butt, minimizing pressure on the plastic. Granted that I sit quite upright, but it's working just fine.

I can sit down in my FX suit just fine. Standing back up again from a canvas chair, now that is the challenge. :blush:

Ā 

I have also had a ride in the front seat of a landrover, the only problem was that the chest piece got pushed up in to my neck which was quite unpleasant but you should have seen the other drivers faces, obviously with the lid on I couldn't. ;)

No mate.

Ā 

I did make a few suits from PVC a year or two ago, but I had problems forming it. I am thinking of letting this one above go soon though.

You look like you're "letting one go" in the photo! :P Stand clear!

I've watched a lot of "ghost hunter" shows.....do you see the ghost "orbes"? Theres one on his head and a big one in the upper right of the pic...you house is haunted, Dude!!!! Try to connect!!!! LOL

I can't sit down at all in mine. I can see what's causing the problem. It's the front of the thigh sticking into my cod. I might take a little bit off but I don't really know if I'll bother. I can sorta sit down if I have LOADS of leg room.

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2011 at 4:20 PM, troopermaster said:

You wouldn't have to worry about a thing if you had PVC armour. I don't have a photo of me sitting down (although I can do it quite easily) but I do have this photo showing how I can flex at the waist with an uncut abdomen plate and no cracking!

Ā 

Ā 

I can't even bend like that with my civvies on LOL

• 7 months later...

I am planning to go to a theme park in full costumeArmor helmet and I was wondering if is anything of a good idea to go on any rides? I will be sitting down, of course, and was wondering if this stunt is a good idea. I was also thinking of making modifications to remove my butt armor so I can sit comfortably. Any feedback is appreciated.

To sit down and get back up with class:

Ā 

Chair:

Bend your left leg while holding the back support of the chair with the left hand aiming the weight towards the center of gravity of the chair, or on the armrest, or on your thighs to keep balance. Then slowly sit on the edge of the chair, lean back while letting the left hand go. Like Mathias wrote: keep the weight on the gap between the cod/butt plastic, direct the thighs outwards to increase your flexibility. You will sit looking relaxed and your detonator makes no contact with the back support so it doesn't get stuck in anything. To get back up: spread your legs, left hand on left thigh, apply weight there, push on your right foot to bend over the left, right hand on left thigh, balance your weight while you pull your butt up, stand straight, don't forget your helmet.

Ā 

Floor:

Twist your left thigh piece outwards, bend your knee and come to a kneel, bend over your trunk and place both hands on the floor, apply weight there and stretch your left leg out to the other foot until you are almost in some sort of push-ups position while you twist your whole body around the butt, place your right foot on the floor, right hand on your right side while facing up, and come to a sitting position. To get back up: same steps in reverse.

Ā 

Garden swing: facing away from the swing, push it furthest back until the seat rises to the level of your butt, grab the back support with either hand and try to snug most of your butt into the seat and lift your feet off the ground and swing the whole into a sitting position. Don't to spill your drink. To get back up: walk backwards while stretching your legs sitting until you have enough weight on both legs and then just walk away. Don't forget your helmet.

Ā 

Triceratops at a science museum: Don't.

Edited by Nicky