Picture023.jpg

Helmet

Picture027.jpgPicture028.jpg

Picture030.jpgPicture048.jpg

Picture047.jpgPicture033.jpg

Blaster

Picture040.jpgPicture037.jpg

Picture039.jpgPicture038.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else....

Here is the split....PC290010.jpg

Thanks,

TMC

Edited by tmcp51d

Great question Mathias.

Aside from that though, I think you got it all covered. I only took a quick look at this on my laptop - anyone care to cross -check?

Got it now. I thought there are only two mainline AM sellers: MightyTank and Deckerd (aka tupperwaretk), unless you are getting it direct or my info is out of date (which is could very well be). *That* conversation can be done in the 501st only area.

Back to our original programming everyone...

Only things I see that need to be adjusted.

1. Boots need to be lightly scuffed

2. Trim the leather strips of your holster that's showing up above the belt. Just trim them down enough so they hide behind it.

3. ( probably optional, what do y'all think?) But I think the gun would look better if you got some silver and painted the bolt in the ejection port.

Edited by kevster

Raise your drop boxes a little.

Trim off the excess on the sides of your chest and back armour. You're not fat enough to need those "wings".

Re-mount the knee belt so it sits lower and not affixed "in the middle" with your rivet or whatnot like it is now.

Get new S-trim for the helmet so it's not missing some under the vocoder.

Get a new thermal detonator.

I'm not saying this to stop anyone from approving you, just as points where there's room for improval and no current CRL covers them.

Edited by Locitus

Not "Fat Enough"....LOL .... What if I eat to much for thanksgiving :glare:

Ejection Port is painted "Burnt " Silver.....Its hard to see in the picture..... I used an MP40 bolt to match the color. :0Lighten:

TMC

If I re-mount the the knee belt it will sit below the bottom of the thigh armor....I have seen them both ways in centurion...

Would rather not trim any more of the "wings" off in case of future enlargement...

Let me know...

Thanks,

TMC

If I re-mount the the knee belt it will sit below the bottom of the thigh armor....I have seen them both ways in centurion...

Would rather not trim any more of the "wings" off in case of future enlargement...

Let me know...

Thanks,

TMC

Yeah, and I think everyone who hasn't mounted it this way should do that. It's odd that we've overlooked that part when making centurion since we obsessed with so many other details.

ANHupperrightthoghwithboxdetailrear.jpg

Yes....I remember the pages of debates....I have seen variances in many of the centurions so far. I followed the requirements as best I could but after all that there are many gray areas. I took my EIB and added the centurion requirements to that....you can see the changes if you compare the two...

Thanks for the help...

TMC

Your weathering job on the E-11 is amazing. It's probably the most authentic looking gun metal I've ever seen. Any chance of posting a "How To" thread?

Thanks....Ive built scale models for years and I use the weathering skills I learned from that. Its not that hard just Tamiya paint and "dry" brushing.

If I build another one I guess I could do a "how to" thread...

Thanks for the compliment

TMC

Ok, have thought on this some and we did a side conversation in the staff area. The conclusion is this:

While you hit every requirement to the letter of the standard, Locitus correctly points out that there is the spirit of the standard to consider as well. Centurion is meant to be awarded to the best looking and accurate suits. Part of having a good looking suit is that it be fitted to the wearer - this is actually a base 501st requirement and is as true for TK's as it is for officers.

We're going to hold the line on the chest/back. The chest can and should be trimmed and there are good examples on the boards of how to do this with an FX or AM chest. I've even seen one person able to do it freehand, but he's has exception eye/hand coordination, and I think the tutorial is a better guide for us mortals :) Or, you can do what other AM Centurions do and replace the chest/back with RT.

It also looks you should take a bit more off the back or kidney plate, or mount the backplate higher by moving the ribbed straps down on your chest some. We should see the back-kidney gap that's supposed to be there (also noted in the standard).

One other note that came up: it's hard to tell for sure but it looks like you didn't correct for the mismatched shins that is a known problem with the AM kit. Again, details not metioned specifically in the notes, it is something that other AM Centurions have to correct for.

I konw it sounds like a lot of work when you've done so much already, but it's really not all that much. I ask that you don't give up! Heck, I had more things to correct on my ESB EI submission I think :)

OK...let me get this straight...Trim the front and back of the back and chest? If you could give me and example on my photo that would Really, Really help...Please? :)

Thanks,

TMC

Okey, yeah I see it now. Maybe you should take some new pics for this application. Have a look at the other centurion applications to see what works well. Like front, left, right and back straight on instead of from an angle.

Armor = Troopmaster AM

Blaster= Doopydoo's Full Resin E-11

Helmet= VT

Forum name: Tmcp51d

Full name: Tom McCoy

TK-ID: 4450

Garrison: Garrison Excelsior

Height= 5'8"

Weigth= 135lbs

Boots= TK Boots

Canvas belt = selfmade

Hand Plates/ Gloves = Trooperbay

Electronics = Selfmade

Neck Seal = Selfmade

Holster = Trooperbay

EIB Link http://forum.whitear...showtopic=13867

Full Shots

Picture001.jpgPicture009.jpg

Picture008.jpgPicture006.jpg

Picture011-1.jpgPicture012-1.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Details

Picture051-1.jpgPicture019-1.jpg

Picture024.jpgPicture050.jpg

Picture049.jpgPicture044.jpg

Picture043.jpgPicture042.jpg

Picture036.jpgPicture018-1.jpg

Picture016-1.jpgPicture035.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Helmet

Picture027.jpgPicture028.jpg

Picture030.jpgPicture048.jpg

Picture047.jpgPicture033.jpg

Blaster

Picture040.jpgPicture037.jpg

Picture039.jpgPicture038.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else....

Here is the split....PC290010.jpg

Thanks,

TMC

Hi Tom , one thing i noticted on your helmet is that you have painted the grey in between the frown (teeth) the teeth should be painted sepratley , and not having the grey paint joining them up , easy fix to do mate , just keep going your get there :)

One