Christmas came early! (Turtle84's AM Build)

After months of waiting the day has finally come. Here are a couple pics of the armor lined up. I only showed the front portions of the armor as my apartment living room is really small and my dog was eyeballing the rest of the armor:

mCIQFTz.jpg

Another angle:

NIKOop9.jpg

Was fooling around and decided to see what it was like to wear some of the armor with the helmet. I now know why you guys say it's very hard to see where your going:

BAuhxSR.jpg

Be prepared guys to be bombarded with questions :duim:

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

This is going to sound a little lazy of me but I was thinking about how I am going to approach this build. My first thoughts when researching and researching was to go straight to EIB (ROTJ) style armor. Well then I thought about it and went ahead and ordered a set of AM armor which is more of ANH style. I did this because I thought maybe I was being a little too ambitious, especially with it being a first time build. Last night however I thought maybe I could do a mix and match type deal. I would ask this on the 501st forums but I don't seem to have access at the moment so I thought I would ask here. I was thinking about trimming the return edge off of the chest, back, ab, and kidney pieces so I would be able to put the stripping on as in ROTJ. However I was thinking about keeping the kidney and butt piece seperate so that would probably involve more stripping. Also, unless I find a spare ab button piece that is ROTJ I am going to have to use what I have availble, again it's ANH.

So to sum this up, is it ok to have a mix of ROTJ and ANH and have it 501 approved?

Edited by Turtle84

You can easily make your AM kit ok for a TKC.

The ab button piece that you got with your kit, all you have to do is rotate it 180 degrees and there you have it, rotj :P Just so that the buttons make a pattern like this

TK_rotj_ab.jpg

Trim off all the return edges on the main body sections and put on the rubber trim.

You'll have to fuse the butt and kidney plate together, you can't have them seperate if you're going to put the trim on. I'm not sure how you'd do this but I've seen a thread somewhere with what mason did with his ATA.

You also keep the ANH handguards for TKC too :)

hope this helps!

What I would do is cut the return edges off both pieces and use some small strips of ABS to hold the pieces together, THe use some hot glue or E6000 or something like that to run along the seam on the inside. You can then put some tape over it to make it look cleaner.

Here is what dashrazor did

-----------

Hope I explained that well enough :P

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...