Trying to understand

relic

Hey all I'm pretty new and have been trying to look through all the posts, but ok gonna go ahead and ask. What is the difference between ESB Stormtrooper, AHN, and ROTJ? I'm only asking because of all the movies I think ESB was my fav so I've been thinking once I have the $$$ I'd like to start putting together a ESB Stormtrooper Custome but other then the black frown, and maybe the armor on the hand I don't know what else to look for in a kit/ armor type. (dont wanna have a ESB lid, and everything else be ANH and have all the troopers point and giggle some day when i show up :glare:). I did look through the Armor Tutorials, but figured maybe i missed some key points.

Edited by relic

The black frown and pattern/color differences on the tear and trapezoids. Hand guards differ as well. Other than that I think the armor itself is pretty much the same. Lots of changes with ROTJ.

Your best bet for researching all these details is StarWarsHelmets.com head over there and every question will be answered.

Basically ESB armor was just the left over ANH armor reconditioned and reused. There is some proof of ESB mark 2 armor being made for ESB but your research will turn up more of the intricacies here than I can go into in one post.

For ROTJ all new sets of armor where made and they were quite different (rubber trim, upside down an buttons, different shaping etc etc I could go on forever. Examine the CRL's, TK-4702's screen shot threads and Rich's CFO build to familiarize yourself with the details.

Armor wise you'll be ok as most makes are ANH based and it's just your build style that will make the difference between ANH and ESB. CFO are the only makers producing actual ROTJ armor.

Hope this helps :)

Everyone pretty much said the main differences but here they are all together:

1. Black frown (ESB) / Grey frown (ANH)

2. Hand guards, you usually just tell who you are getting your armor from which one you plan on doing and they will send you the appropriate ones

3. Holster is worn on right side and has black loops that you belt goes through (ESB) Left side with brown straps that attach to under side of belt with rivets (ANH)

4. Just order which helmet stickers from Trooperbay ESB or ANH

5. If you are doing an E-11 blaster, either conversion or full build you don't add the code cylinders that sit on top of the mag clip or the counter on the side for ESB.

As stated before ROTJ has a lot of differences. Good luck with your choice, I also went ESB because it's my fav movie.

Also the holster is worn on the right and hangs from loops over the belt rather than being riveted to it.

Also the loops are black where as on a ANH riveted holster they are brown.

Busy converting my old ANH to an ESB at the moment.

ESB decals ordered.

ESB handguards on the way.

Frown now satin black.

Raised the brow a little ( tried to match the exact look of one of the ESB screen used lids on starwarshelmets.com.

Got a nice new holster with black straps ( still to fit )

Still got to remove my beloved hengstler counter / cylinders