New AM Build

Been working on my AM build since July (helmet is TE2). Got it pieced together enough for Halloween.

Here are two quick pics. Still have some work to do before it's 501st ready. I need a holster and blaster, the AB buttons are just stickers, need to paint the metal ones, finish TD pack, and my shoulder bells kept pulling away from shoulders, gonna use a single strap to run across back of neck for them.

Any other critiques are appreciated.

Forgot my belt in this pic.

1031011518.jpg

With belt.

1031011833_0001.jpg

Wife and I talked about how to store my armor and I suggested displaying it using a manequin (spelling?). I thought she would bust out laughing at the idea of a Stormtrooper being on permanent display, but to my surprise, she came home a few minutes ago from a yard sale with a manequin she got for $2.00! Awesome!

Wife and I talked about how to store my armor and I suggested displaying it using a manequin (spelling?). I thought she would bust out laughing at the idea of a Stormtrooper being on permanent display, but to my surprise, she came home a few minutes ago from a yard sale with a manequin she got for $2.00! Awesome!

You owe her a nice dinner! :) I think your armor is looking good. That's a funny screen name!

That's amazing! I always look for mannequins at garage sales and never find one. Great score!

I might suggest another thing to try on the shoulders. You can run the strap in the front, over your chest, to help pull the shoulder bells a bit more forward. Other than that, I think your armor looks great!

Looking good. That AM fits you well.

I feel your shoulder bell pain. I ran the strap across my back and it made the problem worse. I'll prob eventually do what Hedjii72 said and put the strap across my chest. Plus you can easily spy the strap across my back.

My totally noob eye says that your forearms could be pulled up closer to your elbow to reduce the black area.

Did you have to do much work on the thighs?

Aloha,

-Eric

Eric, I need to shorten the straps going to forearms. They do hang too low.

On the thighs, the biggest problem I had was tapering them. I wanted them snug at the knee to avoid the "church bell" that Panda mentioned in his build. Making them snug at the knee, and making a straight cut would have made the tops too tight. Making a tapered cut solved that and they fit great. The tapered cut made an upside down "V" shape in the front where the two halves joined, so I had to mount the battery back on the right knee higher than I liked to cover the seam. But it still turned out alright.

Also, I did use Velcro in the backs of thighs to be sure I got the fit correct. I will probably glue them after a few troops and am sure of the fit.

Edited by Laserbrain