Modding a Hasbro to pass the time

Hey everyone

While I'm waiting for my AP kit to ship in I had this Hasbro E11 lying around with the Doopydoo parts, so I figured why not. And if I completely fail at it I'll just troop with my SE-14r.

First cracks. I used a power drill and a X-acto knife.

th_DSC_0099.jpg

More work on the railing which I thought was a huge pain!

th_DSC_0102.jpg

First failure is the scope eyepiece that I destroyed when trying to remove it. I looked for tape rolls but they all seem to be too narrow here. The solution for this problem will have to wait.

Finished all the carvings, except that I'm not gonna drill extra holes. The LED is pulled back inside the barrel if you're wondering.

th_DSC_0104.jpg

th_DSC_0105.jpg

Pics about the gluing process to come soon! Feedback is greatly appreciated :)

Edited by daennika

Were the tape rolls scotch tape rolls? When I used one of those it fit like a glove. I did some minor sanding where I took the scope off so that might have helped with the fit. There is also the issue with the bar in the back of the scope getting in the way that needs to be taken out.

hasbromod029.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality, just showing where I took the bar out in case that was part of the problem. Looks good so far!

I don't know what brand of tape it is, but I had to do some sanding as well... A lot of it.

DSC_0111.jpg

But if I can find another substitute for the eyepiece it shouldn't be a problem. For now, I've almost finished assembling the resin parts.

DSC_0108.jpg

Looks good so far! I've heard that a general sanding over the plastic of the gun helps with paint adhesion. I'm not sure if that is true or not but I just took some regular sand paper and gave everything a rub down.

• 1 month later...

Hey again guys!

I realize I stopped updating this thread when I received my AP kit, and now... Well, I finished that work, so back to he E-11. Right? :P

After applying primer, and 2 coats of silver paint, I lost the pictures... so until I find them again, here is the progress from yesterday.

th_DSC_0051.jpg th_DSC_0052.jpg

Forgot to mask the small portion that should've been gray/silver.

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

:D

Edited by daennika

Fill the holes you mean? I forgot :P Simple as that!

No he is talking about doing the advanced mods. Left side you shave off the bottom t-track and drill new holes and put new t-tracks covering the existing holes on both sides. These are advance mods to make it a little more screen accurate but don't have to be done. You did a good job with what you did.

No he is talking about doing the advanced mods. Left side you shave off the bottom t-track and drill new holes and put new t-tracks covering the existing holes on both sides. These are advance mods to make it a little more screen accurate but don't have to be done. You did a good job with what you did.

Yep, that's what I meant. I agree, the blaster looks really nice. Great job.