How were your Halloween parties?

Anybody go to a Halloween party last night? I did, but had to leave at 10pm so I could make it to work today. Just wondering what's been going on over this weekend + Monday for everybody. Hope you all have [had] fun!

Imhotep and Anck Su Namun

DSC_0043-1.jpg

This is my hubby. He's a former cop. He's assuming the position.

DSC_0140.jpg

My mask I made...

DSC_0117.jpg

Jello shots... I made Anck-Su-Namin for DragonCon 2 years ago.

DSC_0046.jpg

Oh, my cat was there too!

Although, he didn't help out much. :) He just sort of sat there and stared at me.

web.jpg?ver=13199998170001

Ummm, it looks like your cat wants to KILL you... Might want to take that hat off of him. His name isn't "Mr. Bigglesworth" by any chance? Just wondering. :)

The friends one I went to was cool. I went as a TK and now I know that I need to make mods and cuts to my armour. I can't post pics at the moment as my laptop is almost dead. Once I get something sorted I'll update with some pics.

Yea! I like seeing everybody's pictures. I'm going to show my armor at work - in hopes of winning a silly prize

for me and my co-workers in my dept. I bet I find out where all my armor bites are. The "prize" is we will get to

wear jeans for two weeks. Too bad it isn't food or money. Oh well, we take what we can get and are happy to

have a job.

I was hoping to have a place to post this picture. :) This was before the Halloween party. Unfortunately, I don't have any of a TK taking jello shots at the party. My wife obliged me and dressed as Leia although she's not a Star Wars fan. I need to work on my dog's Chewbacca costume. If anyone has tips on making or buying an ammo belt, please send them along.

322%2Bcropped%2Buncompressed.jpg

You two look great! The missus looks like she's a StarWars fan with her pretty smile.

That's a big dog!

I think there are several canvas belt sellers. http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=10293 + http://trooperbay.com/

I don't know about the plastic part. though. Thermal Det: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=12084

I think there might be more sellers, so I don't want to leave anybody out. I just was checking the

Ongoing Sales & Project Orders

Good luck - Happy Halloween!

I just checked our camera and luckily none of the photos from the party last night came out. The armor does not help my moves. I was doubly the white guy on the dance floor. Toward the end of the night I managed to pop a snap plate off my cod piece. I put on my Darth Aloha board shorts and carried on. My crotch strap kept coming undone and provided laughs every time I tried to resnap it. I admit sight of a 6'5" stormtrooper attempting an awkward ballet plies while reaching his hands between his legs is funny enough.

Wearing my aker with an ipod I set it up to play the imperial march when I walked in. Not only was the music in the party too loud to hear my theme music, the PPT switch decided to die upon entry. It is time to come up with a better solution.

It wasn't a large party but I won the costume contest by secret ballot. The prize was a $20 gift certificate to the overpriced burger joint in town and a poster of two teddy bears.

The best part of the night is that everyone assumed the white video baby monitor I wore on my belt was part of the suit.

Here in Hawaii not only do we rarely wear shoes, we take our slippers (flip flops) off before entering a house Japanese style. On the front stoop of a large house party you often have trouble finding your own footwear among the pile. The shoe taking off custom allows people to do something as insane as put in a white carpet. The hosts of the party last night mandated that not only would no one be wearing shoes, but they must take care not to spill anything on the carpet. As you all know, a TK's boots are one of the early items when donning armor. The hostess granted me a special dispensation on the provision that I cleaned the soles of my shoes first. So there I was getting ready with a spray bottle and a rag scrubbing every nook and cranny of my boots. Bear in mind I had only wore them once that morning, but it was on wet muddy grass for a few hours. The keg was outside but no one seemed to care I kept going out of doors out to refill my cup.

What I want to know is if I cleaned polished my armor beforehand, how did my armor get so dirty? I didn't sit down once the whole night.

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the evening:

• "I wanted to come over and say hello and see your costume but honestly I find you very intimidating" (said much later in the night)
  • "You're the perfect height to be a storm trooper... oh... really? 5'10?"
  • "Oh you're quite hard!"
  • "Is it OK to touch your helmet?"
  • "Do you have some sort of evil imperial urination system in that thing?" (asked by the guy in the Hunter S. Thompson outfit)
  • "I bet you're pretty good at the robot." (at least 3 people mentioned some version of me dancing the robot)

In response to the multiple people who said "Wow... that's a lot of work for Halloween" I found myself saying "It's really more of a hobby than it is a costume."

I live in a small town. I showed up at the farmer's market that morning in my armor (more on that soon.) At the party two different people I don't know told me me some version of "Wow I had heard today there was a real life stormtrooper at the farmer's market... was that you?" I guess word got around.

All day I wasn't prepared for people to just walk up and start pushing on various parts of the armor in wonder.

Aloha nui,

-Eric

Edited by Darth Aloha

Hey Eric,

Glad you had a good time and were able to keep your boots on. Boots and Cod pieces should be worn at all times. The customs are interesting over on your side. We sometimes take shoes off, but it seems more half and half where I am. It's nice if people ask 1st, but they don't always. That stinks that your pictures didn't turn out. Post the pics from the other party-goers!! So all night long you were grabbing your cod piece, then just took it off, but the hostess was more concerned by your boots? Very interesting...

I think all those people who were pushing on your armor had dirty fingers. You might need a wet-ones dispenser on your ammo belt to take care of that.

I got to wear my armor for the 1st time (out in public) at work today. [ I think I won the costume contest, IMHO :blush: ] I had strangers tapping me - anywhere they could reach. Where's HR when you need them?!!! I didn't get any of your comments. Mostly people said "where did you get that?" One of my 5 bosses asked if armor can get rented out. I had to 'splain it to him in a nice way, instead of saying HELL NO, like I wanted to. :)

So it sounds like you're a legend in your town - as you should be! :laugh1: Also, I think all dudes [around 40-ish] must love the robot. My hubby says it works for every song, and then demonstrates. Mostly he does this to embarrass our teenager. I have my teenager's g-friends try on my helmet. I love parent-pressure! They always do what you say in the 1st week. [The g-friends seem to only last 2-3 weeks.... ] I wonder if it's the crazy parents that scare them away??? Nawwww!

Get us some pictures of that double white robot! ASAP!!! :trooper:

The BIG BOSS of my building needed the TK as his right hand man. And I'm the MAN! YES!!!! :)

Pardon my sillyness... THEY don't let me out much... does it show?

Boss%20Man_jpg.jpg

We had our annual Halloween parade yesterday. We also had snow, which is really uncommon this time of year. Some of our members had to skip the parade due to being snowed in with no power. A foot of heavy, slushy snow is never fun, but REALLY not fun in October!!!

On the flip side, this gave me a great opportunity to have fun in my snowtrooper!

6296778248_aea2108542_z.jpg

Who would have guessed? My new best friend just lives three doors down. He showed up in an incredible Chewbacca costume for trick or treating tonight. I can't wait to talk Star Wars with him.

2011-10-31%2B18.59.57.jpg