Another E-11 PVC Scratchbuild (very pic heavy)

This is the ultimate took way too long project. I first started this blaster build in January 2007 after I first saw the 501st march in the Rose Bowl Parade. I nearly finished it that then, but it ended up in a box. I'd pull it out every now and then to start working on it again. Then about a year ago after I officially joined the 501st with an ANH Tusken I pretty much tore it all apart to start over and make it more accurate. Once again it ended up in a box until recently when I FINALLY finished it. So I have a problem, I am a perfectionist. That's why it took me 5 years and a complete tear down to finish this thing... lol. But I finally had to say screw it, it will never be perfect, I just need to get it done. So I finally did.

I won't go into too much detail b/c it's a pretty standard scratch build using the BBC templates. The only piece on this blaster that is not scratch made is the pistol grip which is from a real sterling smg. To build the scope I bought a cheap pair of binoculars. I added the glass lenses to the M19 pvc/funnel scope. I also backed the large lens with a printout of a sight reticule (a photoshop mix of two of the ones posted here on FISD). I added a rotary switch on the side of the scope and a red LED behind the reticule. Wires run from the scope and down the scope rail into the body of the blaster. The batteries are in the magazine. For T-track I used rubber from a garage door seal. I know plastic is more screen accurate, but I prefer the feel of the rubber.

Finally let me say a few blasphemies. I can't stand the look of a hengstler counter or power cylinders on an E-11. [ducks beneath the incoming blaster fire] :shok:

On to the photos:

Blaster%20WIP%20001.jpg

Blaster%20WIP%20002.jpg

Blaster%20WIP%20003.jpg

Blaster%20WIP%20004.jpg

Blaster%20WIP%20005.jpg

Blaster%20WIP%20006.jpg

Blaster%20WIP%20007.jpg

Blaster%20WIP%20008.jpg

Blaster%20WIP%20009.jpg

Blaster%20002.jpg

Blaster%20001.jpg

Blaster%20003.jpg

Blaster%20004.jpg

Blaster%20005.jpg

Blaster%20006.jpg

Blaster%20007.jpg

Blaster%20008.jpg

Blaster%20009.jpg

Blaster%20010.jpg

Blaster%20011.jpg

Blaster%20012.jpg

Blaster%20013.jpg

Blaster%20014.jpg

Blaster%20015.jpg

Nice work on the M-19! Good job with the metal folding stock too - very clean metal work. What did you use to cut the aluminium? Just the dremel cutting wheel?

Thanks guys. I've got a couple different types of metal shears that I used for the most of the metal work. I used the cutting wheel very little, only on the very thick bar stock. The sanding drums did come in very handy though.