E-11 Power Cylinders Research Thread (renamed from "3 Central Fuses...")

PlayfulWolfCub

As Mathis said this is just a preliminary discussion, and I'm sure that when Andy decides over a final price for the cylinders, he will make a For Sale thread in the proper section of the forum. Then if he doesn't obey the forum rules, his topic/thread can be ammended by mods even at members' requests.

Until then I'd say let's enjoy this thread by friendly discussions over these great cylinders, and let's hope Andy has enough time to make them for all of us. Because if we want accurate cylinders these seem to be the best out there. :)

Edited by jkno

Don't understand why you care what I do with my money, because I really doubt you care about my budget. ;)

Indeed, that is not my concern. ;)

It´s more a generally concern - as more the buyers are used and willing to pay in advance (without any item ready to ship), the more sellers will use that way of handling. And that opens then a big can of worms, will open the door to more and more problems cause it eases the road for the bad sellers, cause you will only know when it´s to late. Something that will effect everyone who wants to buy a item.

It´s no issue for me with Andy, as he hasn´t requested any prepayment - it´s more a issue that people are willing to go a road that leads in a wrong direction, and that will bring no good to the trading in the hobby. "I" don´t want to notice in a few years thay i have to pay people long time in advance whom i don´t trust, just "cause everyone does, that´s the way it is now". ("Don´t trust" doesn´t mean i think they are bad people, but we all know life can and will happen to some of them - and i prefer that they have none of my money, then.)

As you mentioned .... the story with EFX, known for years members gone bad .... if the people wouldn´t pay upfront that easy, there would be less problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see more of these being made! :)

Me too! lol

Sorry guys, I've been extremely busy but have added everyone to the "No obligation Interest List"

Ron, to my knowledge these are the most accurate Cylinders anyone's tried to reproduce. If anyone has had a go at this level of detail before they've kept very quiet about it. I don't think even George Lucas has any of the original Cylinders on his E11s so the ones I sold Brent might possibly be the most accurate ones in the world?!? :huh: (They were my only finished set, I don't even have any of my own yet! lol)

I'm making sure I get chance to make some more Cylinders over Christmas. I have a bit of a confession to make though.... *hangs head in shame* ....I've recently been doing some work on another replica Star Wars prop with someone who was really keen to get their idea into production and wanted my mad attention to detail. It's very exciting - a really great prop that's never been available to buy before! I'll post news & links here. :popcorn:

Cheers, Andy

Edited by PlayfulWolfCub

Me too! lol

Sorry guys, I've been extremely busy but have added everyone to the "No obligation Interest List"

Ron, to my knowledge these are the most accurate Cylinders anyone's tried to reproduce. If anyone has had a go at this level of detail before they've kept very quiet about it. I don't think even George Lucas has any of the original Cylinders on his E11s so the ones I sold Brent might possibly be the most accurate ones in the world?!? :huh: (They were my only finished set, I don't even have any of my own yet! lol)

I'm making sure I get chance to make some more Cylinders over Christmas. I have a bit of a confession to make though.... *hangs head in shame* ....I've recently been doing some work on another replica Star Wars prop with someone who was really keen to get their idea into production and wanted my mad attention to detail. It's very exciting - a really great prop that's never been available to buy before! I'll post news & links here. :popcorn:

Cheers, Andy

Can't wait to see more cylinders ready. :smiley-sw013: BTW I think I know about the other prop you are making together with a friend of mine, really nice. ;)

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys & thanks for your patience. Progress hasn't stopped, just slowed down due to family stuff.

I'm also making sure I've got everything absolutely right before I can say "I think these are the most accurate Cylinders possible" & I needed to go through ANH frame by frame to try to identify how many distinct shapes they cut the Cylinders to.

As a taster, here's the table I've made showing the best screen appearance of every visible set of cylinders. I've charted which character used them and the details of the E11 they were attached to. Some are my "best guess" and some I couldn't quite decide about so some of the table details will change but you get the idea.

Cheers, Andy

Screen-Time-Table2_zps440b47cb.jpg

Edited by PlayfulWolfCub

with the new blasters in the works... we should have quite a rise in blaster accuracy around here!

please keep in mind andy that I have 2 sets ordered, and I already have the real center caps for

those 2 orders!~

I'd like them unpainted and un-primed

as I'll need to mount the parts on the cells you make for me

should be a little more simple, since I already have some of the parts needed.

thanks to this thread and the helpful thoughtful people involved!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Glad you like it guys. I'll try not to keep you waiting too long for the rest of the research &, of course, the finished Cylinders sales thread :)

Uuuuuuh, that's sounds really good :duim: ...in awaiting for the next awesome step :D

• 3 weeks later...

PLEASE add me to the wish list and make it fot TWO sets.

Any guess at the ETA?

Hi Craig. I've put you down as interested in a couple of sets.

I'm back on with the Cylinders now after some health problems. I'm reluctant to give a specific ETA as I've posted a couple of times "ETA a few weeks" & then it hasn't happened. Watch this space though :)

Cheers, Andy

with the new blasters in the works... we should have quite a rise in blaster accuracy around here!

please keep in mind andy that I have 2 sets ordered, and I already have the real center caps for

those 2 orders!~

I'd like them unpainted and un-primed

as I'll need to mount the parts on the cells you make for me

should be a little more simple, since I already have some of the parts needed.

thanks to this thread and the helpful thoughtful people involved!

Hi Vern,

The diameter of the original capacitors varied slightly around 5mm. The ones Rob gave out varied around 5.5mm.

I can make you half-completed "kits" to the shape you choose when the sales thread is up. You may need to file the capacitor holes a bit to fit exactly & then you'll need to fit the resistors & sleeving on the back.

Or you could post me the caps & I can fit everything.

Cheers, Andy