E-11 Power Cylinders Research Thread (renamed from "3 Central Fuses...")

PlayfulWolfCub

Thanks for all your encouraging words, guys, and the PMs some of you have sent suggesting prices - that's really useful.

I'm a bit snowed under at the moment but will reply to you all individually as soon as I get a chance.

Brent has PMed to say his Cylinders have arrived and may get in the film after all!

With any luck I'll be able to start the second set early next week

Cheers, Andy

How long is the list till now?

10, 20 , more?

I think we , who are one the list,should make a deposit to Andy.

That would be more than fair for that lot of work, wouldn't it?

Edited by Turrican

10, 20 , more?

Totally agree with paying a deposit, especially people who are already on the list. IIRC I'm 4th or 5th on the list, and I would pay by paypal the deposit or even the entire amount of money as soon as Andy tells me how much and where to send it :)

Totally agree with paying a deposit, especially people who are already on the list. IIRC I'm 4th or 5th on the list, and I would pay by paypal the deposit or even the entire amount of money as soon as Andy tells me how much and where to send it :)

+1

10, 20 , more?

I agree...that's really fair.

Andy...what do you think about Stefan's proposal?!?

Andy,

Would you be willing to sell these in kit form as well as a fully finished version? I enjoy the process of building these kind of things, and I am handy with tools. You could include the flat metal plate with a template for the holes and such, cylinder components (tubes, caps nuts, screws etc,), resistors/ capacitors, and any other little parts on the full version. I would buy a couple of those, as I am quite sure I can not afford the whole shebang right now...

Hmm, as far as i understand this threads going, it´s no longer any research, nor any build for private use.

So, shouldn´t it be moved over to the "for sale" section for ongoing runs? And then, shouldn´t the rules for "for sale" be obeyed? For example:

9) Merchandise must be “in-hand†and ready to ship before accepting payment. Interest threads are allowed to determine selling order.

Additional to that .... the parts he´s using cost next to nothing, so any deposit should not be needed. I´ve seen to often "live happened" on sellers side, and then the buying people were crying/whining and moaning. Most often the same people who were glad to pay upfront first.

Sorry guys, I should've answered your questions before now but I've not had any time.

Thanks for the idea of a deposit - I really appreciate the thought. It isn't necessary though - this is still just an interest list until I have time to finish the designs for all 4 variations. I'll then make a sales thread showing them & taking orders.

I probably will offer kits for people to make their own for the fun & to save money.

The "No obligation interest list" stands at 21 so far. You can confirm your interest when i make the sales thread. Here are everyone's positions. I've just realised I'm not on the list & don't have a set of my own yet - I let Brent have the only set in existance! lol They arrived in time for the last day of filming so may get into the film which would be fun :)

Cheers, Andy

1 Brent

2 Matt black

3 rhapsodyred99

4 Locitus

5 JKNO

6 Jack Spratt

7 TK Bondservant - 2 sets (kit form?)

8 Andy19422

9 Eldrik

10 Turrican

11 Darth Chridan

12 Vadier - Wants two sets

14 Dr.Senf

15 mr_sparkle

16 sskunky

17 Douglasthecook

18 LonePigeon

19 Rogue Studio

20 Blue Snaggletooth

21 Evilboy - Kit?

22 dm101 - 2 sets

Edited by PlayfulWolfCub

Hmm, as far as i understand this threads going, it´s no longer any research, nor any build for private use.

So, shouldn´t it be moved over to the "for sale" section for ongoing runs? And then, shouldn´t the rules for "for sale" be obeyed? For example:

9) Merchandise must be “in-hand†and ready to ship before accepting payment. Interest threads are allowed to determine selling order.

Additional to that .... the parts he´s using cost next to nothing, so any deposit should not be needed. I´ve seen to often "live happened" on sellers side, and then the buying people were crying/whining and moaning. Most often the same people who were glad to pay upfront first.

Michael, I happen do disagree. Although the material costs are "next to nothing" even though they do actually cost something. The time and effort making them is surely worth something? I for one would not be interested in investing my time and effort into making something if you as a customer wasn't committed to following through with your interest. No deposit= no = no commitment = no product. Paying a small donation up front is piece of mind for the maker/seller and buyer. Also Andy has to buy in materials and put time aside for the builds.

My 2 cents worth.

Michael, I happen do disagree. Although the material costs are "next to nothing" even though they do actually cost something. The time and effort making them is surely worth something? I for one would not be interested in investing my time and effort into making something if you as a customer wasn't committed to following through with your interest. No deposit= no = no commitment = no product. Paying a small donation up front is piece of mind for the maker/seller and buyer. Also Andy has to buy in materials and put time aside for the builds.

Hi Mark,

i agree to disagree. ;)

While a deposit may be a good thing to keep customers on line at high priced runs/objects, and also for commissioned builds ..... it should be not applicable for smaller items like this.

No matter what will be charged later, most of the investment is time, only a minor part is material. These parts are made one by one after another, then the next customer on the list can be asked for payment. So what´s the badest thing that can happen if he is not ready for immediate payment? He can ask to be moved to the end of the list for another try, or beeing deleted - no matter what he does, Andy can just offer the item to the next person without any lost or longtime sitting on the part until it´s taken. After that - starting the next one.

I don´t see any need for a deposit, and the rules say "Items have to be in hand and ready for shipment before taking money". I will never understand why some people are so crazy about paying in advance, for me taking money upfront is one of the most problem generating things in the hobby.

Buyer mentions interest, and if i agree to make his part/s i inform him when i start on his item and the final price, then when his item is ready i ask for payment, he pays, i bring his parcel to the post office - life can be easy. :)

@Lichtbringer

Well the rules say....

I agree with Mark in this point, for what a deposit should be.

Also it was a question of a unsolicited possibility,a gentleman agreement.

To give Andy something back for that huge amount of time, research and work he has put int his project.

A way to say thank you, for all the work he has done till yet and for doing this run.

Also i can't see you at the list , so it should not bother you. ;)

But as Andy said he not want a deposit till all parts are finished, so a further discussion about it will be needless.

Again Andy, thank you very much for our effort on this.

It's very well appreciated. :duim:

Edited by Turrican

To be honest I would pay the entire amount right now, even if there are some members above me on the list, and the cylinders are not ready to be shipped yet. The moment Andy tells me the total I'll pay him, so I don't mind if we talk about a deposit or full sum, this is about my respect for his excellent work. And indeed THANK YOU Andy for taking your time and research and making these for us!

:duim:

Edited by jkno

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Vern, I'll note that you're interested in 2 sets. To avoid any confusion I'd just like to clarify that the "No obligation interest list" won't become an "Order list" until it's confirmed in a sales thread.

To me this is still a development thread as I haven't finished all the designs yet. Perhaps I muddied the waters by asking people to PM ideas of value to me but I specifically wanted to hear the opinions of you guys who have been following & contributing to this thread. Thanks again for your replies & I'll answer you all individually asap.

Cheers, Andy

Well the rules say....

Yes, they do. It´s just that simple.

Also i can't see you at the list , so it should not bother you. ;)

No need for me to be on the list, but indeed such things bother me.

Each time someone pays upfront and later life happens to the maker of parts - they are wasting time and messing up threads with their whining "knows someone what happended to xxx, i paid ...." or "I paid YYY and he didn´t communicate since ...." .......

The "in hand and ready to ship"-rule is one of the smartest ones in the hobby - i just wish it would be followed from "if you paid upfront and got screwed, shut up and don´t waste our time".

Off course it´s another thing if the seller said "Item is ready, pay now", then takes your money and jumps off the viewscreen - but mostly it´s just a "got money, life happened, is ashamed and disappeared/stopped communication"-thing. And that can be avoided by obeying that simple rule.

Look at eFX Collectibles, some paid a big $$$ deposit almost 2 years ago and then close to no communication for this period regarding the collectible people are waiting for. As for bad sellers I encountered these as well, some that were old members on various forums and then gone bad.

Not sure why so many IFs, besides that some people here voluntarily declared they would pay deposit - it was not Andy asking for it. Don't understand why you care what I do with my money, because I really doubt you care about my budget. ;) And indeed you don't seem to be on the list. Is this about another issue in this thread you don't like? Not accusing of anything, just curious. Because I don't see mods/admins jumping in and taking the wheel.

Rules are rules, but until this turns into a sales-thread there's no need to intervene. So far you're all just discussing. But I am reading this thread, and I do so quite closely.

Yes, they do. It´s just that simple.

No need for me to be on the list, but indeed such things bother me.

Oh realy, i'm realy sorry for you.

Didn't know that you are the rule-wachter here on the board.

Each time someone pays upfront and later life happens to the maker of parts - they are wasting time and messing up threads with their whining "knows someone what happended to xxx, i paid ...." or "I paid YYY and he didn´t communicate since ...." .......

The "in hand and ready to ship"-rule is one of the smartest ones in the hobby - i just wish it would be followed from "if you paid upfront and got screwed, shut up and don´t waste our time".

Off course it´s another thing if the seller said "Item is ready, pay now", then takes your money and jumps off the viewscreen - but mostly it´s just a "got money, life happened, is ashamed and disappeared/stopped communication"-thing. And that can be avoided by obeying that simple rule.

I think you have no clue about the cost of this parts, neither it seems that you have read or understand my post.

Even if the parts are not very big, Andy has spend a lot of money in this project till yet.

And again: it was a question of a unsolicited possibility,a gentleman agreement

So if you have nothing to do as to "bother" other ones with things you have not to deal with, simply let it.

We have board admins for this.

You are not in this run, not order anything from Andy neither you has post any productive in this thread here about this parts.

My two cents.