E-11 Power Cylinders Research Thread (renamed from "3 Central Fuses...")

PlayfulWolfCub

Hopefully they are close in size to the ones found earlier in this thread. If they are I will buy all the stock they have and we can all have some YAY!

After two full evenings of research I have just recieved an email from a very helpful chap telling me that he has 31 of the capacitors that we need. The very same ones from earlier in this thread. I have told him that I will take the lot. When I have them I will gladly share them out amongst us all free of charge to whoever wants some. Here are is the pic he just emailed me.

dsc5152j.jpg

By bsac15 at 2012-05-30

Rock on!

I have just paid for the capacitors so I should have them in hand shortly.

The place I got them from is MULLARD MAGIC http://www.mullardmagic.co.uk/mullard/default.aspx

Big thanks to Steve the owner for all his help finding these. A really helpful guy.

If by any chance you have 3 extra left I would be interested please.

Yes of course mate. I will have enough for ten of us to have three capacitors each including me. Just post here if you want three and I'll PM anyone that wants them for your address when I have them.

I'll take a set Matt if you still have some, I am looking at getting these copied and offering complete cylinder sets like the russ ones but more accerate, all laser cut and machined. A company has got the plans at the moment, just waiting for a quote.

That would be awesome too! :duim: Especially if also at a lower price compared to Russ, and of course to be delivered faster, Russ' run is still on hold for a very long time now.

Lot's of capacitors

008zsg.jpg

By bsac15 at 2012-06-02

I'll get these sent out to everyone that has asked for some early next week. Still some available if anyone else wants them. Craig, I still need your address.

Lot's of capacitors

008zsg.jpg

By bsac15 at 2012-06-02

I'll get these sent out to everyone that has asked for some early next week. Still some available if anyone else wants them. Craig, I still need your address.

Drooling already!! :D Thanks for doing this for us Rob!! :salute:

Andy (PlayfulWolfCub) has just pointed out to me that the caps that I have look like they are 6mm and the ones from earlier in this thread are 5mm :angry:

Really sorry everyone, I thought I'd found the right thing. I will still send out the ones to people that have asked for them and if you decide that you don't want to use them then no worries.

Sorry everyone. I'll get back in my box now!

Andy (PlayfulWolfCub) has just pointed out to me that the caps that I have look like they are 6mm and the ones from earlier in this thread are 5mm :angry:

Really sorry everyone, I thought I'd found the right thing. I will still send out the ones to people that have asked for them and if you decide that you don't want to use them then no worries.

Sorry everyone. I'll get back in my box now!

Even if they're not exactly the same, they're still a great find Rob - very, very close to what Andy19422 & I believe to be screen accurate and it's only our belief - without going to America and nicking the sodding MSE droid & measuring it we may never know exactly what dimensions these things were.

When I get chance I'll put some in one of my trial builds and see what they look like

It's extremely generous of you to offer them out since I think they're £1 for 3 aren't they? Proper trooper spirit right there! :)

Here's a photo showing (top) a Mullard Magic capacitor with bag & (bottom) one of the ones from earlier in this thread

IMG_3281.jpg

By my calipers:

The ones Andy19422 & I currently think are screen accurate vary in length from 25.8mm to 26.1mm

Their diameter without plastic coating varies from 4.86 to 5mm

(The length of the metal cylinder is exactly 1" (25.4mm) and then the thickness of the coloured ends vary)

The length of the metal cylinder of the Mullard Magic 1961 ones is also 1" ( 25.4mm) but the coloured sections are slightly thinner so overall length is 25.6mm

The Mullard diameter without plastic coating is 5.5mm

They are very, very similar and we really can't be 100% sure which is most accurate since we still haven't found an original "METALMITE" military capacitor with all the right markings, including the "K" rating. I'm still leaning towards the slimmer of these two but could change my mind after I put 3 into a baseplate & spray them black - changing the colour of things can make them look very different sizes when you've only got photos to compare them against.

Can Mr. Magic get his hands on any more of either size Rob? or, even better the mililtary versions with K rating plus the other letters & numbers as outlined earlier in the thread? :)

Edited by PlayfulWolfCub

Those pictures are exactly the ones that I have. Same codes and ratings. I'll send Mullards an email and ask him about any more stock and the K rating. These two different sizes are very close so at least if we can't find any of the smaller ones we still ahve something that is extremly close.

Cheers Andy.

can I get 6> or 2 sets?

GOBSMACKED!! :explodingemotie:

(translation)

gob=mouth

smacked=fist

these arrived safe in the mail, and I'd say they are incredible!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392