Pop Rivet Sizes

All,

I've been searching for a definitive answer on pop rivet sizes for the last 45 min to an hour (its e-600 procrastination.) I'm hoping to get a more definitive answer on how big a pop rivet to use for the following items:

• Thigh battery - I'm assuming 1/8" according to the tutorial but I've seen other sizes in various threads.
  • Holster (I decided not to use my chicago screws) - 3/16? 5/32? 1/8?

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

Edited by Darth Aloha

First post edited.... duh... no rivets on the thigh battery for centurion. The thigh tutorial is just out of date.

More searching makes me think I'll use 3/16 rivets for the holster :)

Aloha,

-Eric

Hey Eric: Remember that whichever measurement shows on the rivet box that you're using is the width if the stem of the rivet itself. I also assume that you are talking about the rivets that secure the belt straps to the holster itself. Any stem size will work as long as you have a washer on the back. Although there is no "standard" for this size, 5/16 head size across seems to be a good size. Just make sure your rivet is long enough to make it through the small square of leather on top, the holster, the strap, and a washer on the back.

After you pop it, turn the holster over and take a hammer and gently hammer the rivet nub flat. This will prevent scratching the snot out of your thighs. That's just what I did.

Edited by gazmosis

Thx Gazman. I've got an assortment of pop rivets here for securing the holster to the belt that would fit through all the layers.... I just couldnt decide which to use. That's exactly what I needed to know.

Muchos mahalos,,

-Eric