SDS ANH (a dream come true)

Well, first of all, I know that SDS have a bad reputation, and I'm agree, this armor is not (as they said) an authentic replica from movie molds.

That being said, I had the opportunity to obtain this armor for a reasonable price (built, without helmet), and I have catched the chance !

I have made, of course, many modifications (all is not finished yet) to wear it comfortably including the fabrication of internal harness

photos2052.jpg

photos2053.jpg

Cutting some armor parts (especially for the legs)

copiedephotos2055.th.jpg

(before)

photos2075.th.jpg

(after)

And many other little things.

I have also made some accessories as the belt...

photos2069.th.jpg

(not finished on the picture)

and the holster

photos2096.th.jpg

(blaster was upgraded since the picture)

Some details were also added for more accuracy...

photos2070.th.jpg

photos2068.th.jpg

My helmet is not from SDS, it's a Master Replica "stunt" where I made some modifications too :

screws on each sides

photos2103.th.jpg

changement of lenses with colored celluloid sheets (red + green to obtain a brown color from the inside)

photos2105.th.jpg

photos2106.th.jpg

(left with modified lences, right original MR)

photos2108.th.jpg

from the outside

I have received my boots yesterday, now I have all the parts ^^

But of course, all is not finished !

I must reworked the termal detonator (absolutely not screen accruate!), I must also change the helmet (colour of the MR is really diffrent than SDS armour color) and the blaster (converted, but not really satisfying).

Now some pictures (they were taken before I receive my boots, that's why you can't see me in entiere ^^) :

photos2229.jpg

photos2236.jpg

And some others here : http://imageshack.us/g/717/photos2247.jpg/

Thanks to have read this post (and sorry for my very imperfect english v__v) !

I take all the advice Ricky !

I'm here for this ^^

The problem if I move the thighs up is that the sharp points on the upper of the thighs makes the walk difficult...

They bother movements if thighs are too high...

But I have already notified this problem, we can see a little bit more the black suit on this area...

Maybe I must blunt the thighs tops, but I'm faltering v__v)°

The second problem if I move the thighs up is that the space between thighs and shins become too important...

I'm tall, it's also for this reason that I have a little more "black spaces" between armors elements ^^

Edited by Neo Kerberos

I think the armour looks great, and I especially love your title regardless of the armour type the part that reads "A DREAM COME TRUE" I think you will find is a sentiment shared by nearly all the folks on these forums when they first received the lovely brown box. Thanks for making me smile

Good luck with the rest of your adjusting

Alan

you can try rotating the thighs just a little outwards so that the points swivel outwards on your body when walking.

if you align them in the middle then the points hit the hip. just rotate the strapping location a little more outwards

and that should help. don't change the top of the thigh's look, it will ruin the shape.

• 2 weeks later...

I continue to modify my armour, I have recently modified the un-correct SDS thermal detonator :

SDS with wrong pipe color and wrong belt clips

photos2109.jpg

Repainted pipe and correct belt clip (thanks Jesse ^^)

photos2230.jpg

I have a little question now, is the true ANH armors were white or off-white (as my SDS one) ??

I haven't found sure informations about that...

Edited by Neo Kerberos

Maybe this one will show you the colour difference better.

shoulderarmorcomparison4.jpg

The original ABS is a greyish white and SDS is much brighter. It might be down to the age of the original plastic but I know from my own experience with ABS that regular ABS is greyish and not a sbright as acryilc capped ABS like AA uses.

• 2 weeks later...