ATA armor good for a TKC base?

Hello everyone, Was just wondering if an ATA set would be ok for a base to build a TKC. Please let me know if I'm way of base here, looking around it seems to me that the TKC is derived from an ANH set, unless you want to be centurion level and you need the CO2 canaster to be ROTJ style. Would really want to go this route, I'm an airbrusher and seeing the blue on the armor really makes it stand out for me. I love the color and look of it. Any information you can throw my way would be great.

Thanks,

Dan

you should also consider the joined back/butt plate, and the ROTJ edge trim and shoulder straps.

it's basically a rotj base with an ANH style helmet.

good luck!

Well I have ATA kit coming so I'm going to have to work with that. I will have to do some modification to make it work. Will have to do more research. Butt and kidney plate as one unit may be tricky.

Thanks,

Dan

Any kit can make a Centurion level TKC. In fact, dashrazor is in the process of completing one now out of ATA. It's just some kits lend themselves to certain EU troopers more readily is all. A CFO would take less work to make Centurion grade TKC, ICN, etc.

IMHO the hardest part is not adding the ROTJ type details to the ATA, it's the painting. Getting the chest/back to look correct is not easy at all (at least that's what people who've done it tell me - I've not done this myself), and several helmets have been rejected because the face stripe isn't correct.

Just the opoisite feeling for me, the build since it's my first i do have a small bit of apprehension. Just learning where I need to put straps, rivits, velcro, and how to attach everything. The painting I'm not that nervous about, I do alot of airbrush work, painting, and doing it on motorcycles, not to worried about the painting. I just want to make sure the build is correct and that everything fits together correctly.