Almost finished with new ATA Armor

This is what a newbie sees so take it as you will:

1. Ammo on inside of right knee does not appear to be on good (could be the pic)

2. The left shoulder is not sitting right. Could be temporary for the pic or your strapping might need to be adjusted.

3. Your sniper plate is under your thigh armor. If this happens a lot you might need to tighten your thigh armor.

Again this is just my observations from a total newb from looking at others'.

(BTW my big brown box from ATA came today. Can't wait til I get mine built and people can correct me too, I know I will need it.)

Edited by darksideemt

Wooo Hooo, ALEX! Yea!!! I think it's lookin' awesome, but Stormtrooper ALWAYS look awesome to me! :leia:

I think your build all depends on you. I'm sure you've seen this site, but here it is again: http://www.whitearmor.net/fisd/Crl

I'm too new to be able to spot which style you are going for, or if you need to have a style. Right now, I'm concentrated

on the ANH - Stunt style, so that's about all I can make guesses on...

I did notice your ammo belt might be more comfortable with a heat bend. You can use a hair dryer, or hot water, but -

once again, it's toltally up to you. I like that part about the FISD. You cvan go nuts and fret and worry - not that THAT is

bad, or you can build it and then go TROOPING!!! I strayed again... here's one of several good sites for the belt:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8757

For me, I like this site because it tells you what you need for each level you want to achieve:

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt This is for A New Hope Stunt, but if you

are looking for ROTJ or ESB, look on the forums main page, on the left under Film Canon CRL's.

Anyway, CONGRATS! Looks good!!! :atat:

The belt is on correctly, it just doesn't have the heat bend to it. I'm honestly a little nervous to bend anything. The ammo pack on the thigh just looks weird in the pictures. It's also on correctly.

Any ideas on how to secure the elastic thats supposed to go around the bicep from the shoulder bell? I ran out of snaps. :c

Edited by TK-7980

Ah I see what you're talking about now. I have the rivet on the bottom of the thigh pack through the raised edge. I guess I just didn't want the thigh pack to interfere with my shin like the sniper plate affects the thigh.

Edited by TK-7980

I had to have E6000 under the end of the elastic as well as over the top sealing it to the plastic. This was on the end cap on my TD so YMMV. Didn't look like just putting the glue under the end of the strap would hold it over the long term though.

I have used E6000 in the past to hold elastic straps and only glued to mating side. I can't say how it would hold up to long term trooping as I don't troop, but I have had to remove old straps in the past and they took some pulling to get off. Covering both sides of the straps (like the original above) can only make a stronger bond.

Just out of interest - why did you have elastic on your TD end cap?