ROTJ "Stunt" & "Hero": Proposals for a split CRL/EIB/Centurion prog. for ROTJ stormtroopers

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, i have been pondering split Endor and Death Star version since i took over as DO and started working on refining the current standards with my current XO.. i have put a lot of study time into ROTJ wink.png and a lot of thought into this..

Ā 

Any updates? I'll be asking for clearance with an Endor soon.

we currently have several polls up and running on basic requirement changes, and splitting the CRL is still on the agenda for this year. you can still apply as an Endor trooper though (you do not need to wait on the CRL) ;) if your GML has any questions on your clearance application he can post them over on the legion side or contact me or Tom (roguetrooper) here.

I do like the distinction between Death Star and Endor troopers. Some of us pretty boys don't want to dirty our armor. :)

:laugh1: We prefer to be blown to bits while we're clean rather than getting dirty and whalloped on by teddy bears. :) Edited by Nassik

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking forward to the possibility of the ROTJ CRLs being divided into Endor and Death Star versions. And I applaud Rich's efforts to find clear differences between the two. From what I've gathered on these ROTJ sub-forums, the Endor version seems to be the most popular in a rather unpopular build.

Ā 

Our ROTJ build is wonderfully detailed and it was refreshing to read recent discussion on its CRL recently.

As would I. Due to its unpopularity, the ROTJ build hasn't received the official attention that ANH has. Fortunately, the details are there. And Rich's efforts have made it easier to work with.

I would love to get the ball rolling on this again. :)

Ā 

Patience padawans, all In do time, unfortunately it is a hurry up and wait deal. I am waiting on the discussions about the ROTJ basic level requirements and their vote/poll to end, before starting on anything.

Ā 

As you know, it would be nuts to start in on laying out the split until we see if there are any amended info. (cart before the horse)

No problem Tom! As long as we don't forget doing it once all is said and done. :)

Ā 

Why would you think this Mathias????

Ā 

This has been on my agenda for awhile..... I would never drop the ball once it is in play.

Ā 

My goal is to make the CRLs better and easier to understand. And try to get the TK where it should be. ;)

Death Star and Endor... a side-by-side examination

Ā 

Ā 

Helmet:

Ā 

HelmetFront.jpg

Ā 

HelmetRight.jpg

Ā 

HelmetLeft.jpg

Ā 

Full armor:

Ā 

Front.jpg

Ā 

Right.jpg

Ā 

Left.jpg

Ā 

Rear.jpg

As one of the few Legion ROTJ troopers, I have a vested interest in helping to clarify the details of the ROTJ build. As Rich clearly pointed out, the differences are few. In light of that, it seems prudent for there to be a photographic comparison of the Death Star and Endor builds. Hopefully these pictures can help current and future ROTJ troopers by highlighting those differences.

Your armor is absolutely fantastic, Rich. I applaud your conviction to build the Endor armor with all its details.

Ā 

And thank you for taking the time and effort to define the differences between the Death Star and Endor versions of the ROTJ armor. That is a large step towards clarifying and fully defining this build.

No need to thank me. I was just having fun and sharign what I thought I saw. It's pretty much uncharted territory so plenty of scope to find new angles.

Ā 

Your armor is absolutely fantastic, Rich. I applaud your conviction to build the Endor armor with all its details.

Ā 

And thank you for taking the time and effort to define the differences between the Death Star and Endor versions of the ROTJ armor. That is a large step towards clarifying and fully defining this build.