is this armor legit?

djred5

"one of the most accurate RotJ sculpts available"

Ā 

:laugh1:

Ā 

The only ROTJ detail i could see is the upside down ab button details, but everything else fails completely. I strongly recommend, as Ryan said, go here: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11538 . You'll never regret it, and you'll be laughing at the stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder who buys this.

He says in the listing it's movie Fx but I don't think so - check out the whacky thermal detonator. It's also a cast so soft it looks like its been sculpted with whipped cream.

Ā 

That is also one hell of a crazy looking blaster

Ā 

I'm always tempted to use the 'ask the seller' a question field to call these people out - but that would make me lower than people who post under videos on you tube..l.

I can tell you from my own personal experience that getting armor off of ebay is at best a horrible idea. I bought my armor on ebay before I knew about FISD and I have had to make more modifications and spend more money than what I would have had to do if I just bought it from one of the guys here. And I am about to spend more money on it right now. Not to mention buying armor built and fitted for someone else is a bad idea. You have no idea if some of the parts he has fitted will be too small for you then you end up spending more money replacing parts.

Ā 

that armor looks as though it was made from shiny paper. It looks rippled from not being sturdy enough or it just wasn't formed correctly. I am still a rookie at this but I can tell that it is crap.

The ab plate detail is molded in the ROTJ style (the details are not glued, but molded) but the handplates are ANH, and the lid is detailed in the ANH style (note the teeth only have 3 cut out on the left side and 4 on the right) and it has the button cover like you would find on the ANH and ESB TKs... what a hodgepodge.... :wacko:

Ā 

Over looking all that...The thing to point out, is that your are looking at someone suit of armor that was made/built to fit them and you may have to do a LOT of modding to get to fit you correctly. If you were thinking about bidding or doing the "BIN",don't... the best thing is to take the money and put it down on a new kit and start clean.... You will be happier in the long run... :salute:

Ā 

ebay.jpg

Ā 

Plus it looks like the right thigh ammo knee belt is missing.......

It looks like it is related to MovieFX armor. Not the best armor out there but far from the worst. As stated Ebay is generally a shot in the dark when it comes to TK armor.