Jill's TK Build

Hello! :smiley-sw013:

My name is Jill and I'm nearing the end of my TK Build. I've already done all the trimming and now I'm to the "putting it all together" part of the journey...I'm from NC and will be joining the Carolina Garrison, along with my husband ("out0fstep" on the forums), who's aiming to be a Heavy weapons Trooper. Can't wait to finally get everything finished!

Below are pics of where I am so far. I'm a shorter/smaller person (5ft 6) so I may have some questions down the line about making everything "fit" correctly, and it seems this would be the best place to be!

Nice to meet everyone and any constructive criticism or advice you may have is welcomed! I'll be posting updates as I progress with my build.

2011-10-11193353.jpg

2011-10-09141448-1.jpg

Welcome to the FISD! You came to the right place for all the info you need to know about Stormtroopers. I recently built my girlfriend's armor and it took a TON of modding to get it to fit her right. I'm pretty sure she's 5'4, but with everything on including insole risers, she's around 5'7. I don't have very many pics of the process because it was kind of a secret, but if you have any questions I'll try and help you out.

Thank you! Its great to know there's people out there with the same kind of issues lol. I'm going to get to work in the next couple of days on fitting it and seeing where I'll need to change things. Thank you for the nice welcome! Pics (and probably questions) coming soon! ;)

Hey Jill! Glad to see some more girls here. There are alot more than I thought there would be. I like Stukatrooper and PandaTrooper's build threads. Of course, there are lots and lots of awesome build threads to get good ideas on molding the armor to your body. You are gonna do great, I just know it!!! :) Congrats, Jenny

Another Lady!!!!

Good luck with that build!!! At 5' 6'' the only real challenging thing I see in your future will be the thighs. You will probably be trimming the TOP of those down a bit. DO NOT TRIM THE BOTTOM!!!!

Good luck and if you're not sure of anything.....ask. The only dumb question is the one that didn't get asked.

Another Lady!!!!

Good luck with that build!!! At 5' 6'' the only real challenging thing I see in your future will be the thighs. You will probably be trimming the TOP of those down a bit. DO NOT TRIM THE BOTTOM!!!!

Good luck and if you're not sure of anything.....ask. The only dumb question is the one that didn't get asked.

Depending on what armor she's got there she won't need to. The only things I had to trim on Olga's ATA armor were the forearms. Everything else lined up pretty perfectly. The forearms were just really huge.

Depending on what armor she's got there she won't need to. The only things I had to trim on Olga's ATA armor were the forearms. Everything else lined up pretty perfectly. The forearms were just really huge.

My bad, then. I have just seen so many threads where troopers around the 5'6''- 5'8'' needed to trim the tops a bit. I hope that is her case. It would make things a lot easier.

Oh Jill......which armor do you have?

My bad, then. I have just seen so many threads where troopers around the 5'6''- 5'8'' needed to trim the tops a bit. I hope that is her case. It would make things a lot easier.

Oh Jill......which armor do you have?

Crap, I was wrong yesterday. We did trim one more thing. We trimmed the ab piece. I removed about an inch and a half from where the cod meets the ab plate. Then again, Olga is 5'4 so at 5'6 she might be alright. Probably also might help for her to buy some lifts for her boots too.

That's a great idea!! I would never have thought to trim there. Belt hides everything....nice!!!

Jill! What kind of armor do u have?

I have ATA ABS Armor. I can already see everyone has a wealth of knowledge, thanks to everyone in advance! And I definitely wont be trimming the thighs from the bottom lol, I've already learned alot just from reading the discussion on here. ;) This weekend my husband is finishing the last bits of his armor and then we'll be moving on to mine...can't wait to be finished!

Ok, so the Mom's been in town from overseas so I haven't had as much time as I'd like, but considering I really would like to be done by Halloween, I'll be rushing along finishing things for good!

So far, my shoulder straps are half-way finished; I've connected the kidney plate to the butt plate, and the kidney plate to the ab plate. I've also painted all my ab buttons and the left shin is almost completely done. Getting there! I've had to trim down the sides of the butt plate, kidney plate, chest plate, and ab plate due to my size but so far its working out great! :) I'm also lucky to have the help from a husband who JUST finished his armor...tends to make things move faster! More pictures coming shortly...

2-2.jpg

1-4.jpg3-2.jpg

It's probably just be the shadowing on it in the picture, because these pieces came labelled L/L and R/R. :) Just finished both shins and have fitted the butt plate and ab plate to my size. Going good! Not far from being done!

Hahaha thanks!! It is huge, and weighs a tons...not something I'd want to carry around all the time I think :shok:

Wish I was able to for Halloween, but we ran into a "glue" issue so I finally finished it last night. My husband got to dress up for a day at work, so at least Stormtroopers were represented there that day lol...definitely plan on going to the local Christmas Parade though (once I'm approved)

lol, agreed, we did quite a bit of cutting and trimming as we went. We were talking about taking a heat gun and molding the forearms a little more to my shape. Also the chest piece flaps around alot so we're going to secure that with some straps on the side...everytime i lean over it hangs off my shoulders in an odd way. I just heard back from my GML and he says I should know by tomorrow..still have my fingers crossed, and will all night lol. :icon_beg: