Storm Trooper Armour Rental

Hey everyone! I've managed to creep the forums a while here and there is a lot of very useful info, and me and a few mates are looking into purchasing a suit of armour from one of the 'recommended' providers and potentially joining your ranks afterwards! I do have a question though, as I'm sure we all know Halloween is fast approaching and it's too short notice to order a suit from one of the providers so I was wondering if any of you have any knowledge in regards to renting suits, or if any of you rent out your own armour say. I'm stationed near Toronto, Ontario, Canada in a place called Waterloo.

Cheers,

Apollo

You came to the right place to buy and build your own armor, but I think you will be very hard pressed to find anyone that rents their suit out. As I'm sure you've seen, people put a lot of time and money into their suits and I don't think they would let just anyone borrow them.

I don't personally believe that anyone in this costuming group would be willing to part with their hard earned

and masterfully created replica for any price during the high point of the costuming season.

I personally would not even let some people touch my helmet or blaster.

imagine someone dropping a real scope and watching 300$ worth of glass lenses spread across the asphalt.

this question comes up more often than one might think!

since you're in canada you should contact the maker ABS80 or AP on these boards

he has a new batch of armor ready and could sell you a kit in canada pretty fast.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I agree, not many people would be willing to lend out a suit. I know in my garrison someone wanted to rent or borrow a suit for a 40th birthday but instead a few of the members decided to do a troop there instead. A lot less hassle.

I doubt anyone would rent a kit out, there's too much time and effort in a TK for anyone I know of to even think of it . . . . . Your best bet to get a quality kit that fast would to try an AP pretrimmed and assembled kit. They say a minimum of 2-4 weeks lead time but you might be able to get them to rush it for you. But its gonna cost an arm and a leg, guaranteed

If you need a completed suit fast, your only option would be a Rubies Supreme Edition suit (although there is nothing "Supreme" about it). You can usually find them on EBAY, but they are just as much or more money than a screen accurate kit from a prominant armorer here on the boards. You may be able to find someone selling a completed suit on EBAY as well.

Keep in mind, these custom suits are usually built to fit the person building it and unless you are exactly the same height/weight/build as that person it may not fit right.

Renting? Not a chance.

Also a BIG problem you'd have is that everyone here has cut their armour to fit them, so unless you happen to be pretty much identical in stature the armour wouldn't fit you anyway.

You might be able to find a costume shop that rents out costumes, but even if they did have a full suit to hire out, it'd be a rubies one.

Err. you COULD make a suit out of cardboard and paper mache if you're skilled enough with a pair of scissors.

Hello Ryan,

Welcome to the FISD, I'm local to you about 30 minutes away.

Not to sound like a broken record, but unfortunately your request borders on impossible for the reasons my brothers listed above.

Avoid the temptation of Rubies, you will regret.

Also, remember, once you have the kit and start trooping, everyday is Halloween ;)